Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's 'snow concrete'?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just been watching last week's C4 skiing and the commentator mentioned 'snow concrete' put down on the course to stop the snow breaking up (due to high temperature presumably). What's that then? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
At a guess, compressed, near ice-like, snow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beedeji, ...... I imagine Easiski, JT & GrahamN and myself did a field test on this very substance, recently, but at Les Deux Alpes .....! In our case it had all the properties of 30kn concrete & I even lost two pole baskets in less than 200 metres. 'Challenging' without snow on top..... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look at this thread - I guess it's the same thing.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22965
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
telford_mike, Thanks, that tells everything I could ever want to know on the subject! wink Unfortunately I was too busy skiing at the time to see that thread. snowHead

Has there been any follow up in Wengen that you know of?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It must have a bonder in it and I would think there may be chemical issues with it........

BernardC, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beedeji wrote:
telford_mike, Thanks, that tells everything I could ever want to know on the subject! wink Unfortunately I was too busy skiing at the time to see that thread. snowHead

Has there been any follow up in Wengen that you know of?

It seemed to die away after the big fuss. I'm off to Wengen (along with a few others from here) next week so hopefully the locals haven't turned green Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My Swiss friend is an environmental consultant and I asked her about the fertiliser in the snow issue and whether the meltwater was caught in streamlets and treated when the snow melted (primarily because the company I work for has a trademarked system which is better at treating contaminated effluents and water than a conventional reed bed and I was looking for a bit of business). I was told that many Swiss hill farmers don't have too much objection to the nitrates as it makes the grass grow well in the spring to feed the cows, but that there have been problems with groundwater with abnormally high levels of nitrates. Despite this she seemed to feel it would impractical to channel the water for treatment, but did feel that the use of nitrates was probably not good for the ski slopes as the long term risks of its use were not properly understood. However, it didn't stop her wanting to ski even if the slope had a nitrate content in it!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum wrote:
However, it didn't stop her wanting to ski even if the slope had a nitrate content in it!!

I suspect that sums up a few of us... snowHead Blush Sad Confused Madeye-Smiley Puzzled Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy