Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BEWARE the new Barryvox PULSE transceiver has major safety/design fault!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would second GrahamN,s experience and say that I have used one for a couple of months of last season after some person of dubious parentage stole my Pieps transceiver .... Evil or Very Mad

The Slider engages solidly, but in my view concentration is needed for switching on all transceivers. Your life & that of your companions may depend on it - check that it works before moving off and check that it has more than adequate battery reserve. Transceivers have a fairly long 'Standby/transmit' battery life, but they draw heavily when in 'Search' mode - and that is not the time to get a 'Low-Bat' warning .... ! Perhaps consider also taking a spare set of batteries in a waterproof bag.

GrahamN, I made that very mistake with a 'burial' (It was a very realistic exercise, staged without our knowledge, but it involved real live instructors fully buried in an 'avalanched gully'... !) (Mountaintracks) I found helinick, with simulated spine injury, within 3 minutes, but with significant concentration on imobilising the 'casualty', I forgot to switch off his Transceiver. This extended the entire search operation by nearly 10 minutes, as we didn't know, or weren't told how many burials we had. (As a group of five skiers, we did find four 'burials' and got them to breathing positions within 3 minutes, but I was raging with myself for making it in effect, count as a sub-13 minute rescue). The Transceivers did their job though & continued to report a further burial, until the 'nature' of the problem was eventually discovered. Those digging were not amused .... Embarassed

Price is circa 300 euro locally to me.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy