Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Footbeds - Please Help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
traderfjp,
I have been working with 100's of podiatrist over the last couple of years some good some bad. One thing I have learned is that some people like hard, high defination insole, some just plain hate insoles, some like soft accomodative insloes. Some like weight bearing, some no weight some semi weight some like left weighted, right unweighted - you get the idea.
Some like STJN some like FHL some like full windlass

Some people just don't need insoles

Is their anyway of quantifying who needs what - no I am affraid not - but if I find out I will be very rich.

Look at William J. Bowerman - hell that dude he just had a waffle iron. Gave me achilles tendonitous

Glue and rages - I honestly believe this is the future, run with it dude - like Forrest
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
abc, Do you live in New York but were born at Disney World?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
traderfjp I cut up a few footbeds today and then cleaned my car with them, the result was SHITE, nevermind. Laughing

Absolutley classic.........best gag for ages Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are some threads where I swear half the snowHead 's out there are on something marvellous - let us into the secret guys we all want to try it Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I've been freeeeeeee-ing the heal brother... I was gonna drop by yours on Wednesday, but I was drunk, and the wife decided that it would all turn to geeeeeeeky.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
parlor, Fix the heel, fix the problem Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is a foot expert in Tignes Val Claret, the small local owned store rather than the chain, it has some of those skeleton bone feet models int eh window and posters and explanation of all the problems associated with exercise and malformed feet. The guys did a 1 hour job for me and didnt charge very much and I have been skiing happily for 4 years since.

My boots are not perfect but I never have any pain, blistering or knee problems. I am sure if one day I had £400 or so i could get the perfect pair of boots from this guy.

ps I suffer from pancake feet too!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
plectrum wrote:
There is a foot expert in Tignes Val Claret, the small local owned store rather than the chain, it has some of those skeleton bone feet models int eh window and posters and explanation of all the problems associated with exercise and malformed feet. The guys did a 1 hour job for me and didnt charge very much and I have been skiing happily for 4 years since.

My boots are not perfect but I never have any pain, blistering or knee problems. I am sure if one day I had £400 or so i could get the perfect pair of boots from this guy.

ps I suffer from pancake feet too!

The shop you mention is Richermoz in Val Claret, as a very satisfied customer I can't recommend them enough. They sorted my boots for me last year, basically they hurt just about everywhere and after replacing the liner, footbeds and modifiying the shells(just about everything then) I have the most comfortable boots I could wish for. They spent 2 hours sorting them out during which time I got a crash course in boot fitting including a skeleton foot demo on what actually happens to your feet when you're skiing, very interesting and informative.

Anyway, this time last week I was back in there with my other half who hasn't skied for ten or so years and used to complain constantly about how her boots always hurt. This is because she's got bunions that are the size of an extra pair of toes, well, they're getting that way, so I'd suggested getting the guys in Richermoz to see what they could do. Another 2 hours and 340 euros later she discovered she could ski properly after all those years and her feet don't hurt at all!. You should see the bumps in her boots, I still can't believe plastic can stretch that far. She also got some good advice from Michelle the owner about the right procedure for surgery on her feet when the time comes to get them sorted.(have it done in a French hospital basically) So, a boot fitter who knows what he's talking about, first one I've met and not before time. Tignes was great as well, sunshine in between the snowshowers and lashings of caramel vodka, happy days.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy