Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for stevec's resort report:

Livigno (February 2007)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheers Hoppo, we're off to Livigno on Saturday. Will report back once we've returned
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Resort: Livigno
Domain: None
Author: Clive
Date: Mid March 2007
Our holiday: Middle aged couple - both intermediates
Basics : Surely everyone is now aware of the 5 hour transfer from Bergamo to Livigno with a stop at Tirano
Lift system : A variety - one gondola at each side of the valley plus several chairs and buttons
The terrain : Nothing too challenging but spot on for beginners and early intermediates. I particularly liked the Giogio Rocca black and some of the tree/stunt skiing on the Carosello side. There's a serious snowpark for those of the "two planks bad" persuasion.
The snow : Mottolino side was good and hard until 2-3 pm, low on the Carosello side was very soft from mid-morning onwards but higher up held up well.
Off-piste : N/C
The resort : We just couldn't get the hang of the bus system and ended up walking nearly everywhere. Plenty of bars, shops and restaurants.
Food : Avoid - "New Snack Bar" 8 euro cover charge on a 20 euro meal for two although the food was OK.
Try - "La Mirage" decent food at a decent price,
"Bait Dal Ghet" queues outside the door every night for eat in and takeaway
"Cafe Diva" - just up from Gallis bar on the slopes, instructors meet there after the lessons, chilled place for lunch
"Tea Del Vidal" - best apres ski in the resort. Dancing on the tables, loud europop, great atmosphere.
Accommodation : Gullivers Apartments - slightly off the beaten track but clean and quiet, ideal for couples and families. There's a nice bar which we only discovered on the last day
Costs: 1 weeks self catering £250ea + 30 eu a day for food and drink
Top Tips: Book skis with a shop called Vertigo through the SkiSet website. We hired two pairs of skis for the same price that the T.O. was charging for one pair. Ours were better quality.
If you stop during the day for a break in Tirano, ignore the reps recommendation to go to the nearby hotel for food. Just next to the railway station there's a restaurant called "La Vittoria". You'll get a huge pizza and a beer for 8 euros.
Conclusion: Decent, relatively show-sure resort at a bargain price, you just need to get your head round the transfer time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers for that post mate. Just what I was looking for.

Id love to hear if anyone else has any other info on the resort, especially if theres a big difference staying in central Livigno or San Rocca.
I heard they are a distance apart. Id rather stay close to main Gondela (less walking in boots the better)

And any good lively pubs and live bands - we range from around 23 to nearly 30 years of age - with around 14 of us.
Clubbing too, but just not your typical alpine "discoteque"

Also, can you ski from San Rocca to Livigno without getting a ski bus. We are all intermediates or experienced skiers.

Much appreciated,
Brian
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flexrip, The resort of livigno is located in a long strip along the valley bottom with skiing to either side. If you are located in San Rocco you will be close to the Carosello gondola, you will have to get a (free) bus to the Mottolino gondola-it's not a major hassle though.(One side is recomended for skiing AM the other PM, cant remember which though).
You're very limited when it comes to clubbing as there is only one nightclub (Kokodi) in the resort, It's much more pub orientated. Please make the effort to go somewhere different than Marcos bar!!!

Only thing I would say is that while it's great for beginners, and probably intermediates, the experienced skiers may find the difficult runs a bit limited.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we go regularly a couple of times a season for the last 4-5 years......the mottolino is best skied in the morning and san rocco in the afternoon. at the bottom of the mottolino there are lockers which you can hire in the shop for 2 euro's a day....these hold two pairs of skis and boots and have warmers in them. we tend to put our stuff in there overnight anad walk over in the morning saving walking in ski boots and carrying stuff. the bus stop is literally outside the mottolino and is free so you can get anywhere in the resort.....we always do our own trips to livigno and find it much cheaper. i will add a couple of websites for you to check out shortly...not sure if you have already booked or not...let me know if you haven't and i will give you some advice on apartments and the cheaper transfers that are now available from the airports....we took a group of 18 people with us 2 seasons ago and got everything for 450 per person for a week....that included flights, accomodation, lift passes, transfers and ski hire.....have fun
hannah
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.livigno.eu/lingua.jsp?lingua=ENG

http://www.mountain-toursltd.com/

http://www.livigno.com/
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy