Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski poles.

Poster: A snowHead
rpft, no, eyewitnesses will confirm: Grinch colours mostly.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
comprex, phew Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No idea - I just got handed a pair. Seriously though although I've explained to me how to hold them upside down by the basket and that they should just touch the floor it doesn't help with how long I would need to buy if I ordered on-line - where are they measured from-to, i.e. from the basket upwards to the top of the handle or is it the whole length - if the whole length then what is the usual distance from basket to snow tip - if I knew this I could probably measure a piece of bamboo bean pole to find what I'd need. Unless someone could tell me I'm 174cm and you all know I'm a novice.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, My guess is a 115 to 120 but it IS a guess.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Megamum

I'm 175cm and poles are 115.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I use 115's. I had some wonderful 110's and I thought they were the right length, but Mr DS made me change them (and leave them behind when we came back home). I much preferred the 110's I'm only 158.5cm "tall" (5ft 3 in old money).

I think I'll get some more 100's and leave the 115's behind when we go to Austria in a week's time!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't know why people are posting how tall they are.

The length of pole needed will also depend on boot and ski stand height, which could be an extra 10cm.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
5cm longer than I really need, 10cm too long for teleing - are you gonna sell me some superlight carbon flicklocky efforts at proper skipole price (£20 a pair - cmon its basically a stick) please wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rjs, Ah.....I wondered if that came into it - I think I did enquire somewhere along those lines, but no-one noticed.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, we did notice, but also wing span, steepness/terrain features of expected slope (moguls?), flexibility, und so endless weiter
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just noticed I posted 175cm by mistake - of course, I meant 125cm. And I'm 178cm tall, 40 years old, with a 32 inch inside leg, 37 inch TV, 16 inch wheels on the offroader fitted with 275/60R16 tyres and Mrs PeteMillis is 170cm tall. Hope this helps
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OK, OK so I guess it's fine to take the mickey out of the novice Confused
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
125cm and 120cm (depends on the depth of the snow wink )
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
petemillis, So you're not 8 foot tall?
ski holidays
kiwi1 wrote:
petemillis, So you're not 8 foot tall?
I used to be, but then a couple of daughters cut me down to size with their skiing prowess Sad
snow report
kiwi1, .... the of anticipation of what this thread might be about are now reaching 'heart-palpitation' levels...... Toofy Grin

....... too much excitement is building .........

......you'd better reveal all before snowHeads are overwhelmed & begin falling off their perches..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy