Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What shall i take skiing now?

Poster: A snowHead
Usually drive out at Easter 4 of us in a car. This year have just bought a 7 seater Mercedes Vito Van with bags of room for the 4 of us. What extras shall i put into the van...just because i can? Cool
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mumbles pier?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
garethjomo, what resort are you going to?

If you were to take some home treats out for the chalet staff, you will be surprised how well they will treat you!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
garethjomo, maybe empty bags to fill with stuff that might be in the sales by the end of the season? I bought my daughter a really nice ski jacket in the sales in Zurich last weekend.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, I see that.....me too.

Failing that I have a list of things that I pack as pressies when I visit my Swiss friends:

British biscuits - no-one makes biscuits as good as the Brits

English Tea - All they have on the continent is Lipton Yellow label bags with tags

English mustard

Branston Pickle

Piccallily

Maldon Salt - well I was born and brought up in Maldon and only live 3 miles away now

I gave my instructors (lots of) tea and biscuits at the end of the week this year - they seemed quite pleased, and as it was a small resort I did hope they would get shared with the lifties and piste bashers and all the other folks that help to give us a good time
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Goosedown pillows, because even good accommodation usually has rubbish pillows (e.g. filled with plastic foam chips!).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Leave room for Wine & Beer on the way back.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, a pillow is the 1st thing I pack...even when travelling light.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We going to LDA! What's a chalet host? lol We staying in cheapest and probably worst apartments in the resort! Residence Du Soleil. Ready for nice walk up and down the steps!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, & Marmite - dont forget that Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geri, Luckily neither DH, I or my Swiss friends like it, but I do take some for the kids (I blame my parents for them eating it). However, once I was asked to take it for one of their Swiss work colleagues - it's amazing how huge a jar you can buy from a larger Tesco's store!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It depends where you are going but a few cubic foot of snow if you are heading to Austria so late in the season
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Food and drinks for the trip (as driver /host you should put on some good treats). Extra snow gear just in case. Props for evening antics. Its always fun to bring out the unexpected in the evening.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We always like a fancy dress skiing day. My friend is taking his £500 Chewbacca costume which needs its own case! so look out for him on the slopes that week!
snow report
bacon.. there is only so much of that foreign streaky stuff you can take..
snow report
Definitely bacon - you can do so much with it and lardons just aren't the same and a small pack of dried mixed herbs - you only seem to be able to buy it in 1kg tubs in foreign supermarkets!

And don't forget the Heinz tomato ketchup Very Happy
latest report
Are you allowed to 'export' meat/bacon - I've often wondered and don't because I'm not sure - I know there's always the chance that you won't be checked, but it would be just my luck to get stopped.
ski holidays
Megamum, Assuming it isn't still squealing and hidden in your hand luggage, yes....or at least I always have done.....
latest report
Please take David Goldsmith with you and leave him there.

Thanks.
snow report
garethjomo, Take a second and rethink your accommodation plans. RdS is the pits. Evil or Very Mad Failing that, take a tent.
snow report
Na. One of us been there before. We booked a big apartment for 9 when only 4 of us! Lots of fun planned. As long as we have beds we happy!
latest report
AxsMan, sounds like a bad experience!!
snow report
Helen Beaumont, It was! have posted about it before on this thread Sad Never again! Evil or Very Mad

garethjomo, Oh well if you know what you are getting into - good luck! Les2A is a great resort, it's just a pain having to trudge up that hill every night. wouldn't an appartment that sleep 4 (rather than 9) but in a better location have been about the same price?
snow conditions
Yeah. Was bit cheaper in fact but fancied the room this year instead of location. May regret it but dont think will bother us. We're used to walking from school trip. Pal reckons this walk is easier!!! Time will tell.
snow report
There must be something that easiski misses.
ski holidays
gsb wrote:
There must be something that easiski misses.

Flowers snowHead
snow report
how about picking me up as you pass bristol????? snowHead Laughing Laughing Laughing rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy