Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adjusting ski boot flex

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hey small zookeeper, you can only go on what people tell you, and if you get it from the horses mouth someones telling porky pies!
I have spoke to salomon tech rep re this and he says, leave em. the 8 isn't stiff. after a couple of weeks the flex will increase as the liner compacts allowing the shell to deform and hence flex more.
ALso if its a boot with a honeycomb clog cutting high up at the vee can move the point of flex from just below the hinge to above it, then the shell won't flex as salomon designed.
Another thought if you do cut the shell and find its too soft, you could then go for a zip fit and should end up somewhere between the 2 extemes.
i have 2 pairs of x wave 10's and old red pair skied in lots and a new 2007 pair, with one on each foot the old one are noticebly stiffer, although they are supposedly still the same. So it appears that the new honeycomb ones are softer.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the definitive answer.
My 2006 x wave 10's started to leak badly, so sent them back to salomon. kindly they changed them for a brand new pair of x wave 10's. they are so soft. every generation gets softer. my old ones were just about ok for racing, (my fat feet won't go near the course), these i keep going over the top of them even on a pocket rocket!
I have compared them to some 'old' promodels and they are even softer than these. A colleague also has the same boot and has commented that they are way to soft for performance skiing.
come on salomon what are you up to?
if you have one pair of boots and want the same again, normally you expect them to be the same. Salomon say they are still 110 flex... NO WAY. Surley 110 flex is 110 flex.
This is a popular boot, and it appears they have softened it up to make it appealing to more people. Surely this is why they have an x wave 10, 9, 8 and so on.
Is it just to make people think they are better than they are making a supposedly expert boot softer.
And they've taken the absorbing footbeds out. rant rant rant.
Still i suppose it will solve the problem of begginers being sold them by certain large uk retailers on the advice that they are fine for all level of skier!
Well at least some boot manufacturer will benefit as I will have to go and buy a stiffer boot for training/racing!
Anyone else had similar issues
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So don't cut your boots, buy my 2007 x wave tens!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
crasher, boots can be made stiffer as well as softer just like imortgage rates can go up as well as down Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy