Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A little advice

Poster: A snowHead
is it best to get a years worth Of insurance (i dive as well) or to get a weeks worth?

im off to the hills in april and want to get another thing off the to do list!

many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Annual insurance is usually best, assuming you do more than one trip.

Check the small print on winter sports and diving.

I also dive. I am insured down to 30 metres - which is all I need.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Good advice. My daughter dives, and only by reading the small print did we discover that although her annual policy covers diving it does NOT cover her for trips where the principle purpose is diving. So that ruled out a diving holiday in Thailand. She had to get separate insurance. Some annual policies limit you to, say, 10 days of skiing per year. The more you pay, the better the cover for adventure activities, on the whole. Snowcard are good. The one time we had a problem, when my daughter in law twisted a knee badly, they were excellent. If you ski off piste you need to read the small print very carefully indeed, and probably best to take Carte Neige insurance as well (buy it with your ski pass, and if you do much, it's worth getting a season's worth).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchigo wrote:

specifically check the depth for diving and the maximum number of days cover you will get for winter sports and the geographic cover.

My Lloydstsb annual doesn't cover winter sports so I upgrade and get 17 days each, inc North America for me and Mr HL for £50. I am covered for diving up to 30 metres, but only once qualified. They wouldn't touch me for the PADI course.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

specifically check the depth for diving and the maximum number of days cover you will get for winter sports and the geographic cover.

And as is always pointed out here the off piste cover.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
T Bar,

of course - I'm not an off-pister so didn't think of that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...and the amount it will pay out for equipment lost or stolen.

Many policies have a single article limit (which included 2 skis!!) of around 200/250
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have an annual policy, which includes 21 days' worth of winter sports cover, and insures hired equipment against theft/loss (so I don't need to pay out extra in resort).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx,
I think one of the potential problems even for so called non off pisters is that lots of people do a little bit which they might not regard as 'proper' off piste, but if an expensive claim came in the insurance company may investigate the whereabouts for instance taking a slighlty different path to your bit of town or cutting between a couple of pistes or an 'Itinaire' or following an instructor down a bit by the side in a lesson.

I have not heard of insurance companies not paying out but unless I was sure of the contrary I would not like to bank on it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
but how will they know how many days you have been engaged in 'winter sports' ..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
T Bar,

Yes I'm sure you're right - i'm not about to re-start the "just off-piste debate". I really, really don't go off piste. I don't "cut across" and I won't follow an instructor along the side. I am that much of a wuss. (think I will check my policy though)

The point is well made tom00_uk, check off-piste cover.

CANV CANVINGTON,

they probably won't but I cannot tell a lie Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx,
I don't think you or anyone else should be pushed into doing something they don't want to do.

I don't want to resart a just off piste debate but if it hasn't snowed for a while the conditions just off the piste at the side are very often less polished, safer and easier than on the piste, the instructor may well be helping you in these circumstances.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, our annual travel insurance is provided by Lloyds TSB. It is pretty good in that although it doesn't cover you for off piste on your own, you are allowed to go off piste if in the company of a guide or instructor. This covers the circumstances whereby an instructor will take you off the side of the piste. The annual policy we have allows you to upgrade the number of actual skiing days from 15 in any one year to 30 (for payment of an additional premium). The policy also allows you to do summer sports like hiking and mountain biking without penalty. It doesn't cover diving, but then we don't do that. Basically it is quite a good all round policy for active people like us and doesn't exclude too much.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
will be staying on piste, hire shop providing all the kit, so apart from lloyds, what providers do you guys suggest?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Not been diving, but for skiing I've used Insure & Go and Fogg
snow report
docsquid,

mine is the Gold account policy. I hesitate to say "free" as the account charge is £10 a month but it does cover a whole host of activities including watersports, diving, riding etc but only if it's organised or under supervision of an appropriately qualified person. Other stuff , e.g. cycling, hiking is covered if you do your own thing. This policy good for me because of the diving. I'll check my winter sports upgrade and see what it says about off-piste

tom00_uk, I'm not actually recommending Lloyds - I think you need to do an internet search and find which policy is best for you. you also need to see what it says about loss or damage to hire skis. Often the hire shop offers insurance for a couple of euros/dolalrs a day -probably worth it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy