Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wildlife again !

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6424489.stm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like an excuse for more grant funding to me. How much of the alps is actually skied on? I suspect it's pretty small.

"They then put them under stress for several days by repeatedly forcing them out of their snow burrows" When was the last time anyone whilst off-piste "forced" wildlife from their borrows.

And anytime i'm in the mountains i'm not putting stress on the overcrowded isle I normally reside on.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
More research would be needed to measure these impacts and to extend the analysis to other species.

I don't suppose there's any chance the researchers are into winter sports themselves. Or if so, they conduct themselves in a responsible, environmentally conscious way unlike the over-privileged, unthinking, deluded customers of profit-driven multinational... [falls over backwards, frothing at the mouth]
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Surely the burning question in relation to the fauna is, how does it taste in a pie?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Guvnor, Stressed? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bev bish, Nah, hungry....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
on the bright side they will have plenty to eat what witt all the discarded cheeseburgers and fag butts..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As far as the effects of winter sports on Grouse like birds go, the highest population density of Ptarmigan recorded anywhere on Earth are in the Northern Corries of CairnGorm Mountain and the Glenshee Ski Area. RSPB research into disturbance of the birds in Coire an t-Sneachda from mountain sports when the argument was raging about the proposed expansion of the ski area on CairnGorm into Lurcher's Gully found that the Ptarmigan feeding habits and behaviour was not altered by the presence of people.

Also contrary to global warming predictions Ptarmigan populations in the Northern Cairngorms are rising. A favourite location of the birds is the ridge area by the Fiacaill Tow, even when the terrain park was situated here, Ptarmigan continued to frequent the area in numbers, and you practically had to be about to stand on them before they would bother moving. Some species may be more prone to disturbance though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy