Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Making own arrangments going to DENVER/VAIL

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to make my own arrangements - flight, car hire and hotel to the Vail skiing area.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips for getting the best deals for a single traveller?

Thanks in advance.

Vince
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Vin C, welcome to snowHead
When were you planning to go to Vail?
Where are you travelling from?
How long are you staying for?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, I should have been more specific!

Travelling on 15 or 16 March from London (probably Gatwick).
Returning 23 or 24 March (8 to 10 nights).

I have not yet booked flight, car-hire and accommodation!

I have driven in the US before but not on possible snow?

Thanks again for any information or tips or advice.

Vince
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK, my suggestions would be to check:
www.expedia.co.uk
www.opodo.co.uk
Then call Trailfinders. 020 7937 5400

The cheapest way to fly will probably be via Chicago. Direct flights tend not to be cheap.

I'd not worry about car hire, instead check out Colorado Mountain Express ( www.cmex.com ) - although, when you are checking flights on the web or on the phone, inquire about car hire as well - some times they can do a better deal if you book it all together.

After that, there are a lot of hotels to choose from in Vail. I prefer West Vail to East, but if you are staying in one of the ones further out, just make sure they are near a shuttle bus stop, or have their own shuttle.

...alternatively, check www.iglu.com or www.ifyouski.com and see if they have any last minute deals.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
United Vacations is worth a look. Not exactly DIY, but not exactly a TO either. They did us a good deal to Breckenridge (and NY) a couple of years ago. IIRC You can book a fly/drive or a fly/drive/some or all of your accomodation deal with them. The downside is they didn't fly direct to Denver.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
for accom, check this page
:
http://www.econovail.com/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Each of the Vail resorts (Vail, Breckenridge, Beaver Creek) has its own web site where you can assemble a package of accommodation, car hire, equipment hire, lift tickets and lessons. It's a few years since I skied in that part of the world, but, when I last went, the prices were much lower when I priced up a package through the resort than when I tried to buy the parts separately.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy