Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School in Les Arcs 2000- Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience of the ESF in Les Arcs 2000? I'm thinking of booking group lessons with them but unsure as to if it's better for me to book fewer private lessons instead if the group sizes are going to be really big and the level of tailored tuition low.
Can anyone shre any experiences they have had with the ESF in Les Arcs 2000?
Thanks! Little Angel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
catrogers, I haven't used ESF in Arc 2000 but have seen what seem to be some pretty big groups setting off.

An alternative is to use Spirit 1950 in Arc 1950 - its literally a 2 minute ski down from 2000 straight into 1950 and the ski school meeting place. We have had five trips worth of group and private lessons with Spirit and been very happy with the tuition in both. Guaranteed group size maximum of 10 as well.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
catrogers, i would advise avoiding esf 2000, they are unreliable, the groups are huge, and private lessons, well.... they didnt even turn up for some members in my group.
I agree with Bungle, spirit 1950, a far better ski school
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ms hyweljenkins used ESF in 2000 a couple of weeks ago - they were superb. She book a two-hour private session for about €70 for the first day but twisted her knee in the morning so had to re-schedule the lesson. The instructor happened to be on his lunch break when we called in, and he was more than happy to reschedule for the next day.

Her session went very well, and Fred (the instructor) took her through moguls, the "half-pipe" under Plagnettes, and down the odd black run.

Don't go for the usual group lessons. As others have said, they can be huge. We did, however, see what appeared to be group lessons with just a few.

A word of warning - on the day we arrived ESF cancelled ALL children's group lessons that were booked through the TO.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not exactly up-to-date info so (hopefully) no longer relevant.

My mate & I booked group ESF lessons in Arc 2000 3 years ago (our 2nd week's skiing) and were amazed to see how many people were in our group at the designated gathering point- about 30! Fortunately we were split into 2 groups (based on how crap we appeared to be on skis) but that still meant about 15 in each group.

My instructor was lovely, showing us lots of runs around Arc 2000 & 1800 - I had a great time being led around the resort in lovely weather. However, if she spent more that an hour in the entire week (6 x 2 hours IIRC) actually teaching us anything, I would be amazed. I remember she showed us how to side-slip (very useful) and gave us some indication that the edges of the skis had something to do with turning rolling eyes ) but that's about it. Other than the occasional exhortation to 'lean forward', there was virtually no tuition involved. As I say, I had a lovely time and covered a lot of miles - but I learned nowt.

Having said all that, I have had ESF group lessons in Valmeinier and Val Cenis since and found them very similar - great as a way of seeing the resort in a group but with very little actual tuition involved. Hence, after 4 weeks on skis, I'm still crap.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not in Arc 2000, but Vallandry. New Generation Ski School - I haven't ski'd with the school, but did have tuition from the boss, John Thomas, on the Snoworks weekend in Tignes in November, and very good he is too.

http://www.skinewgen.com/vallandry/index.asp
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the info guys. Think I'll contact Spirit 1950!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
docsquid wrote:
did have tuition from the boss, John Thomas
Shocked NehNeh
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Red Leon wrote:
docsquid wrote:
did have tuition from the boss, John Thomas
Shocked NehNeh

Who is, in fact, a member of this illustrious forum Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy