Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Snowboard Manufacturer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am thinking that I may get myself a board ready for next year and I thought that it it might be good to support a british company and get one of THESE as I like the philosophy behind the company and they seem quite cheap.

But are they any good? Has anyone seen or (even better) ridden one of these?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ronaldothefrog, Prices are interesting, I'd like to know where they are manufactured since the price of many snowboards at the factory gate in China (about 4 years ago) was less than £20. There's nowt wrong with buying into a manufacturing stream and slapping your brand on it, in most cases you're getting a mid range, perfectly acceptable tool. Technically it will certainly not be bleeding or even cutting edge. They are true symmetricals and should be fine to ride. Give them a call, talk about a test and let us know how it pans out.

Got to say though, the web site is just a wee bit too 'earnest' wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ronaldothefrog, I bought one, and persuaded them that they should give discounts to OAPs as well as students. So if you're over 60 you can get it even cheaper. Trouble is, I am no sort of judge of a snowboard, being a beginner. But it seems fine to me, and certainly rides better than my original one, which was super hyper cheap, unknown make, from a discount factory shop in Switzerland somewhere. I also had very helpful advice from them about length, and stability versus ease of turning. I took the advice (which meant buying a slightly longer one) and am glad I did; it turns easily enough when I do the right things with my feet, which isn't every time, and feels more stable on the straights. It has a sintered base, which is apparently a good thing in terms of longevity. In fact, it might last longer than I do. I liked the website a lot better than some which are just full of flash lads leaping off cliffs and mostly focussed on "image".
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
there is always these boards
http://www.heli-boards.com/start.htm
for maybe a cheap/cheerful board if the piste isnt too goood
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I meet the True guys at Slide (soltex) Great bunch and very nice boards. Also a company that really stands behind there products.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Has anyone bought one of these?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the ice perv wrote:
Quote:

Has anyone bought one of these?

I wouldn't buy anything from a company that says "Select the one you like by clicking on the image", what's the picture got to do with it? For me it's twin tip everytime, others want a freeride shape etc etc. And I wouldn't expect much from an 80 quid board.

I think at the end of the day all boards break and everyone has a preference/opinion on x brand. Last winter I broke my salomon, this winter I broke a 500 quid santa cruz and suspect my nitro montoya, after 2 months, is also broken internally, seems way too flexy, some might say well they are crap boards then, I disagree, I loved those boards, just unlucky I guess.
Those True ones seem ok, personally I know jack about them, but never buy a board without riding it first.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
but if you never had a board and wanted your own one they are cheap,probably ideal for a beginner
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Those True ones seem ok, personally I know jack about them, but never buy a board without riding it first.

you can try out the True boards, there's a chalet in Morzine which has them; I think the link is on their website.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nigel b wrote:
but if you never had a board and wanted your own one they are cheap,probably ideal for a beginner

hmm. I think you will outgrow it very quickly.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy