Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WHERE CAN I PLAY SNOWBOARD IN LONDON?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My name is Alicia. I am a spanish girl and I will move to London next september. I am a rider and I would like to know where I could play snowboard in LOndon or near London. I know there are some kind of artifial resorts. IN additon, I would like to know real resorts where to go. I need to play snowboard! I cant live without it... Embarassed

I hope you can help me in that regard!

Thank you very much all of you!

*Alysiah*

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 7-03-07 1:18; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Milton Keynes xscape is an indoor ski slope near london, and there should be some dry slopes on carpet quite near also

for real slopes, use easyjet or ryanair and fly up to scotland (inverness or aberdeen). From there there are 5 real snow resorts you can get to, but snow and weather conditions may vary. To see up to date snow conditions and photographs, look at www.winterhighland.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nabiki, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nabiki, welcome to snowHead snowHead snowHead

I thinkdub_01, has covered the main things, you can also get an overnight train up to Scotland to get you near the slopes quite early, the trouble with both this and flying up is to get the cheapest tickets you need to book in advance and snow/weather conditions are extremely unreliable to predict more than a few days in advance. However, you can get cheap flights to the alps so it's not all bad news, in some cases it can be cheaper to get from London to Geneva than London to Scotland anyway!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi!!!

I have been snowboarding in France and with luck, I will end my Master of arts in Geneva or Vienna Wink but by the moment, I will be at least 8 months in London city. I do not like parties in London and I prefer to invest my money in playing snowboard or other kind sports.

I toke a look to Xscape, and it looks funny! Here in Spain, exactly in Madrid, we have something very similar. Its name is XANADU, and you can play both skii and snowboard.

I also find this site: http://www.snowdome.co.uk/ --> but I cant see any pic or video of the place. Do you know it??

In addition, I would like to know how many time it will take to me to move from london to Milton Keynes and which kind of public transport I should take to go there. Can someone help me?? Smile)))))

Thank you very much and nice to meet u!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nabiki, you can get a train to Milton Keynes from London. It takes less than 1 hour...
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/
The trains go from Euston Station.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thank you! and once I arrive... do you know if Xscape its far from the train station? Some underground? bus?? I am sory to ask a lot, but from Spain, its difficult to find information Puzzled

thanks!! wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nabiki, you can get a bus from the train station to Xscape - it's only about 5 minutes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nabiki, http://www.snowdome.co.uk/ is the Tamworth Snowdome, which is north of Birmingham. Same idea as Xscape only about twice as far, and a horrible journey from London.

Have you also thought about dry slopes? As a midlander i have no idea where they are in London, but there must be one somewhere in "The Smoke". It'll be cheaper than Xscape as well.

As for real resorts, what about the train to Bourg St Maurice, and then pick a resort from there?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.xscape.co.uk/snow/milton-keynes/?PHPSESSID=cad31a12ca69fe53cc3e6958a9871683

This is the website for Xscape Milton Keynes.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hi again!
thanx to all to answer me.

I think that the best option is Xscape.

I have 2 more questions... Smile

1) which airport is nearest london? Luton or Stansted?
2) Is somebody living in Milton Keynes? What about the city? Its beautiful? is it wothj to go there for living just for xscape? snowHead :S:S my first option is London city, but I know its very expensive... and if I have to move 3 times a week (more or less) to milton just for xscape... i dont know what to do.

I also took a look to the dry slopes... but i dont know if there is any snowpark. its very strange to snowboard on a "white carpet" :S:S i will feel strange. too much strage.

well, that's all! (by the moment) rolling eyes

kisses and muchas gracias!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nabiki wrote:
1) which airport is nearest london? Luton or Stansted?

They are both about 30 minutes by train from the city. Luton is between London and Milton Keynes

nabiki wrote:
2) Is somebody living in Milton Keynes? What about the city? Its beautiful? is it wothj to go there for living just for xscape? snowHead :S:S my first option is London city, but I know its very expensive... and if I have to move 3 times a week (more or less) to milton just for xscape... i dont know what to do.

Milton Keynes is one of the most ugly, dull, boring cities in the world. I live about 30km from it. That's about as close as you want to get.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nabiki This is Milton Keynes main cultural attraction.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
woooooooow! i love cows! Razz Laughing hahahahah!!

ok, i think seriously to move to london hehe.

ok, maybe just xscape its the only atraction of milton keynes! Wink

thank you!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

ok, maybe just xscape its the only atraction of milton keynes!

Or the snowHead 'heads that also go to Milton Keynes Laughing

Welcome to snowHead 's nabiki,
I live not far from Wear The Fox Hat, so also go regularly to Xscape and in the summer we arrange meet-ups to ski. Apart from Xscape and cows the only other thing MK has is shops rolling eyes and a lot of them but they do have some ski shops as well Laughing
ski holidays
Where is the "Wear the fox hat"?? is a place? Because I just know a little bit London! but not much more. I'll move to london next 24th of april and i am going to bring all to play snowboard! here is to warm and is not going to snow. so... this is the end.

how regularly do you go there? you play snowboard o ski?

meet-ups .--.-> this it mean that you meet with more people to go to ski? Blush i am improving my english... to be patient hehe

in addition, do you know if students or something like that can get som discounts?
ski holidays
nabiki wrote:
Where is the "Wear the fox hat"?? is a place?

No, it's ME! Very Happy
ski holidays
hahahahahaha ok!!!!!!!!!

and do you know if its possible to get some disccounts? rolling eyes
snow conditions
nabiki, I hope you don't see this as rudeness, but instead of saying "I like to play snowboard", or "where can i play snowboard?", the terms we would use are "I like snowboarding" or "Where can I snowboard?"

Your English is Great apart from that one little thing though Smile

Hope you enjoy England Very Happy
ski holidays
noooooooooo! I love that people corrects me! that's perfect to improve my english! nice! so tahnk you very much! You can correct me whenever you want!!! Little Angel Smile

so.. ... i like snowboarding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy