Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any suggestions which skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

Off to Tonale this Saturday, I fancy the idea of trying some decent skis, possibly with a view to buy, however I know nowt about which to go for. All I know is I usually get 160 carvers, I ski red runs with confidence fairly fast, have tried a few black runs with trepidation, and look to really progress by the end of next week to taking on the blacks with confidence. I weigh 70 kg and am 5ft. 3in. (and also a 3rd Dan Instructor in Uechi Ryu Karate, Mad so hold the jibes !!!) only jokin' Laughing ........about the jibes.

So what do you recommend I could ask to take out, I have already pre-booked ski hire in resort with the TO, with a view of upgrading to "superior" skis.

Can't think of any more info to give to help with what you think may be good for me. (but I'm sure you guys in the know will ask me)

Many thanks Peeps.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rossi Zenith Z9.

Please don't hit me if you don't like them:lol:
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman, thanks for that, NO of course not, if karate teaches you anything , it is how to be well mannered and humble.

Could you perhaps elaborate a little as to why you would recommend those particular boards please ? As I said I know extremely little about what makes a good ski, ? what the radius numbers mean, ? edge angles etc etc............

Many thanks,

Cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are a piste based short radius ski that can be skied as fast as you like without becoming unstable, but are wide enough to allow the odd trip off piste. have great edge hold on ice, really easy to turn, lively and can easily deal with the sort of power you must be able to exert. The turn radius of the Z9 is about 13m I believe, but someone will put me straight if I'm wrong, which means that when the ski is tilted on to an edge it will carve a turn with a 13m radius. This radius of turn can obviously be altered by you, by pressuring the ski or skidding the turn.
Best thing to do though is try a few pairs, the shop should refund any rental charges if you buy some.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gorjulin,

Can't really help with specifuc skis for you. Maybe trawl through the ski tests under equipement reviwews in the Snowbase drop-down box to get afew ideas.

Off the top of my head, allrounders might be Head M75.
Nordica seem to have a good bunch of piste-oriented skis.
Or the Fischer RX8 gets good press here.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What you want is a pair of Elan Magfire 10 skis - they're beaut and I love 'em. Stiff enough to bust the crud and hold strong edges, wide enough on the front to take you easily through softer stuff, easy to turn in the bumps, stable in a straight line, excellent for nice carved turns, they'll go anywhere. And they're orange. People here rarely seem to mention Elan, but they make some of the best skis out.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gorjulin,

Try and find what they hire and then came back here for any references. The hire shop you use may only carry 3-4 brands or so
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
petemillis,
Quote:

And they're orange.

Remember the Wotsits wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
petemillis, JT, Spyderman, Big thanks Guys !! Great info , feel a bit more confident in knowing what to ask for.
Great idea to find out the skis the hire place offer, on to it right now !!

Once again, Cheers chaps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy