Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

which tour operator

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Am on the look out for best deals on a skiing hol at short notice in the next few weeks ( family of four ); which operator/web site tends to do the better deals? Have found a couple of okay ones but thought people here would be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance
Mitch
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what you're looking for to be honest mate. If you want hotels or self-catering then you're pretty much stuck with Inghams / Thompson / Crystal etc. But if you prefer a chalet there are loads of independents (including many who post and advertise on here) who will probably offer you a great last-minute deal.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Iglu usually gets good reports.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We just did Crystal to Les Deux Alpes and had no problems or issues. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B, Iglu is just an agent isn't it? They don't mention who the TO is but you can usually find the same holiday on one of their websites if you need more details. It's a good place to start though

Mitchell, If you're looking at Inghams/Thomson/Crystal etc you may as well just go with whoever is cheapest and offers what you want, there won't be much to choose between them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FWIW, I don't use a TO much these days, but was very happy with Crystal last season.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
www.fasttrackski.co.uk

find a hol the go to TO own website - it'll be £20 cheaper.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zebedee, iglu are just an agent, but Mitchell asked for operator/web site and iglu are a website.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Mitch

If you are looking for a catered chalet, you could try the 'Ski Esprit' special offers/late deals. Good luck

Ruth
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome to Snowheads Ruthee Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Iglu is just an agent isn't it?

As far as I am aware, Iglu are an agent for Esprit. We used Iglu to see Santa in Lapland and all the brochures were Esprit.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the welcome. Great site, I can't believe that I have only just found it.

Ruth
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mitchell, Neilson have a list of special offers here. I've been with them once for a ski holiday, and twice sailing and they were fine.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We just booked late deal with Crystal direct and got a large discount for an online booking, despite actually booking in the end over the phone. This was because offers were disappearing from their web site as fast as we were clicking on them, so we decided to ring up and find one that was actually valid and available! They were very good indeed, very helpful. We've previously used either Finlay's or a booking agent (Blu Marble or Iglu), although ended up in a Crystal hotel on one occasion.

We've had some issues with Finlay's this season and won't be using them again. We will report on our experiences with Crystal when we return.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ruthee, welcome to the site and don't worry, I reckon most people think the same thing when they join Wink
snow report
I've used Crystal so far on the one holiday I've arranged/booked myself. Usually I go as part of a group so it's whatever the leader of that decides hehe Neh Neh But yeah Crystal were good and I had no problems with them at all.
ski holidays
silver ski
ski olympic

Good value, great service.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
silver ski
ski olympic

Good value, great service.

I suspect your idea of "good value" may be different from many Smile

I have never seen prices from either of those nearly as good as from the majors. The service is probably better, but you pay for that.
ski holidays
alex_heney, I have always found their prices very competative compared to TUI, Neilson, Inghams etc tec

EDIT Having checked, I think you will find they are usually cheaper.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 6-03-07 17:30; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
A quick nod for Inghams 'Square Deal' last minute arangements. I've done it twice, very satisfied both times.

Both were for 'allocated on arrival' chalets where they told you where you're going on arrival in Geneva airport. First time was a chalet in either Verbier or Zermatt, I couldn't have cared which resort I got - turned out to be Zermatt. Second was a chalet in 3V, which means Courchevel 1650, 1850 or Meribel with Inghams; absolute mega-result as we got their most expensive chalet in Courchevel 1850, fabulous location piste side and with a lift station right outside.

Used to be available only via a phone enquiry, but may now be on t'interweb as well now. If I recall right, the deals were made available on Thursday mornings for up to 3 weeks ahead.
snow report
jmdohanlon, Just had a look at that and they do it online now and seem to have some really good deals ie £299 for Canada in March. European deals seem to be at about £199.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman,

OK.

I must admit, I haven't looked at their last minute prices, I have just been checking brochure prices when I have compared them.
snow report
alex_heney, Very Happy To be honest I was comparing brochure prices an not the last minute deals. And as for value for money Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Hi Mitch, agree with Frosty.... Going with Silver Ski on 25th March to Meribel. Staying in a catered chalet, close to lifts and centre, only been open 2 seasons and it is costing us £299 + £30 flying from Manchester.
This is for all our food and unlimited wine. Went with them to La Plagne and the food and staff were excellent!!
Lynne : : Very Happy
ski holidays
lynne melia, Ha. We are going the week after you and staying over the hill in Reberty and paying £600 a head Evil or Very Mad (inc MAN sup). That said we are going during the school hols and there are 20 of us. We booked early and got a discount of about £1600. Compare that to the prices of the "biggies" and it is a bargain considering the quality of the chalet, but also the quality of the service we shall receive. There are 4 mothers in the party and all refuse to even consider self catering. On every Silver Ski Holiday we have got at least 2.5 hrs sliding in on the travel day Very Happy
latest report
Hi Frosty,
Any idea of the price of a half day pass?
snow conditions
I booked with Iglu for new year, 4 *Hotel A in location A half board on 30/12/06. Got the confirmation through about 4.5 weeks before depatrure, with 4*Hotel A, Location A on 30/12/06 but only B+B, so thinking it was a misprint so I called them, messed around chasing people who did't want to talk to me, so called Crystal which is who the end supplier was only to be told it was 2* Pension B in Loction B B+B on 30/12 and the hotel I booked didn't even exist!. So eventually got through to Customer services manager at IGLU ( now 2 or 3 weeks before departure) who waffled on, I told him I knew what was going on he told me there was no way he could re book me a 4* for new year for the price I had paid. I told him it was his problem, I had paid and had a confirmation letter and a contract (which I assumed to be true), aparently it was not, and he cancelled my holiday and refunded my money! nothing I could do, ABTA, ATOL could not be less bothered (not suprising when they are for the agent I suppose), Trading standards told me they could cancel at any time before departure as long as they refund my money (funny how I wouldn't be able to cancel if I wanted to)

Shocking service if you ask me.

As it turns out the resort I had booked had no snow, and would have been a ghost town at new year anyways, and we got a stonking deal with Crystal to Zell am See.

Just got back yesterday from Saalbach with Airtours (or should that be Scaretours?), that is a whole other story that I am still to upset to talk about, which I will save for later. Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang 8.5 - 9/10 , Scaretours 2/10

BTW, no I am not just a moaner........
ski holidays
lenniem, go on. Do tell Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy