Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prince Charles on fox hunting and skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Alun Michael

Sorry but this man makes my skin crawl. A fox? no, but a slimey little weasel, Most definatley.

One little story, cant swear that its true however: Forestry commission in Wales tried to ban foxhunting on its land, The Taff wild boys said that if that was the case then the forestry commision wouldnt be needed, as the forests would go the same way as many an English owned Welsh holiday cottage. Forestry commission backed down.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty, LOL Smile (hounds post)
Another excellent example of the kind of wonderful British country tradition this Government is determined to do away with.

DG Orf : "Rural affairs minister Alun Michael has cancelled his second rural visit in as many days, the cause .... 250 peacful hunt supporters who wanted to meat him. "

Typo intentional ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
austin7,
Quote:

Typo intentional ?

Nope not concentrating Embarassed
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What saddens me about this issue is that it is a glaring example of mob rule where the mob claims that democracy is on their side. Democracy cannot be a defence to everything - if it were, minorities of all types would be driven under all over the world.

Democracies (and the ministers that administer them) have a duty to be responsible. This is supposed to be a liberal country where prohibitions are serious things for which there needs to be a compelling argument. The fact that the majority find the activities of a minority to be unpleasant is not a compelling reason to ban it.

The moral argument about hunting and its alternatives is open to debate (as evidenced here and elsewhere). The fact that the moral justifications for a ban could apply to many more activities undermines the moral standpoint of those that call for the ban. Fishing? where is the pest control or community adhesion justification for the cruelty inflicted on the fish??? Oh, silly me, that is sport carried on by people across the social divide and so it must be an acceptable form of animal cruelty.

It is the same criticism that is aimed at Bush and Blair in relation to Iraq - you cannot expect to justify invading Iraq on the basis of non-observance of UN resolutions if you then do nothing about Israel.

In my view, it simply comes down to prejudice and a perceived class divide (which is laughable when you consider the annual incomes or lifestyles of the average people involved in hunts). In that respect, it was a shame that it was a bunch of posh lads that broke into the Commons as they simply reinforced the stereotype.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tony Lane,

Quote:

This is supposed to be a liberal country where prohibitions are serious things for which there needs to be a compelling argument

I'm sorry, do you live in the UK ?....

Quote:

It is the same criticism that is aimed at Bush and Blair in relation to Iraq - you cannot expect to justify invading Iraq on the basis of non-observance of UN resolutions if you then do nothing about Israel.

Quite right but nothing will ever persuade the US to do anything against Israel, hell they supposedly enabled the Israelis to produce their first nuclear weapons, the Israelis have been making the US pay for their inaction durring WWII ever since Israel was formed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Now there's a sport we should all have a go at MP hunting although i don't thinks the likes of Gordon Brown would get far but it's all for the good of the nation.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bootneck, Ah but Gordon Brown is known for his ability to fight back Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Speaking as someone who goes fox hunting I cannot tell you that it is not cruel because I don't like to see any animal killed. However, the hounds (hounds, not dogs please) are only quick/smart enough to catch a wounded or elderly fox. In effect we produce (selectively culling) a strong and healthy fox population. Hunting has a bad press because they only ever interview the posh hunts with the well-to-do huntsman. Here in Devon and Cornwall, it is mostly farming folk that hunt. Their wives put on 'hunt suppers' / 'hunt balls' / we organise point-to-points / hunter trials (that's jumping to you folks). All in all it is a tradition and it is part of the countryside way of life. It's a social thing. I imagine if huntsfolk were 'Africa-American' or 'Asian' or some other ethnic minority, then the government would not dare ban hunting. You don't have to approve of hunting, but it is those peoples right to do so, and do so with a clear conscience.

Shall I tell you about 'cruel'??- that's when calves are born and taken straight away from their mothers so that the milk goes directly into those cartons and bottles and not into the calves. Have you heard a cow calling for it's calf? Just so as we can have our coffee - chaps.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also, you can't effectively kill a fox cleanly with a 12 bore. You need a rifle - those are guns that have bullets, not lead shot. And you need to be a good marksman.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David, I have many farming friends. They all treat their animals with the respect they deserve. Milk production is the only area I consider morally wrong. Milk is a food for calves, no-one else.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
erica2004, you can kill a fox effectively with a 12 bore but you have to be good enough to get close enough to the fox before you pull the trigger, that really means within about 30 ft, that's no mean trick. I know because I've done it, but you are right a rifle is much more effective and a lot easier because you do not need to be anywhere near as close, as for being a good marksman I always get good groupings, typically 6 shots in a 4inch target at 600 yds, sometimes with a good rifle a 2 inch target at the same range Cool
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
erica2004 agreed.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not bad shooting DG
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bootneck, I had several good teachers and started at an early age
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Kill 2 birds with one stone, set the redundant hounds after Prince Charles and the rest of the parasites Twisted Evil
ski holidays
brian, Charles may be a little soft in the head when it comes to certain subjects but he's also done a lot of good, especially the Princes Trust oh and he doesn't get any crown money, all of his comes from his estates which he manages very well. If you want to send the hounds after anyone, use the politicians, they spend 99% of their time arguing and the rest screwing up the country, for which we as taxpayers give them a lot of money.

If you take the time to study the figures you will find that the crown estates give far more to the goverment in taxes and special deals (whereby the goverment gets to recieve income from estates and so on) than the Government ever gives back to the crown for official duties performed by the various royals on behalf of the government.
latest report
ah but old charlie is the top boss of the paras grr Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy