Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Equity ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
has anybody ever booked a holiday with them
were going out with them in 2 weeks and the luggage allowance seems daft

they allow us 20kg including snowboarding equipment

first choice who were flying with(their standard weight is 20kg!!)say this about taking boards
Skis and snowboards - A charge is levied by your Tour Operator.

so equity allow us free carriage of skis/boards but it must weigh no more than 20kg<<<<which is the standard weight limit
this is from their website

Luggage Allowance

We recommend careful adherence to the limits. Excess charges can be high. Unless stated otherwise on your ticket, the luggage allowance is 44lbs (20kgs) per person including ski equipment but not hand luggage which should be limited to a maximum of 11lbs (5kgs).

Please note that all airlines reserve the right to send skis and excess baggage on a later flight if the total payload exceeds that permitted. Excess baggage will be transferred to resort as soon as possible and Equity will provide emergency hire equipment if necessary. The luggage allowance may be pooled by the whole party. Please also see ‘No-frills airlines’ info.

Free Ski Carriage

Most people take our inclusive hire skis but for those who prefer to take their own, there’s no charge. Aircraft luggage space is limited so ski carriage is subject to load and occasionally skis may follow on a later flight. Please see ’luggage allowance’ and ‘No-frills airlines’. Please carefully note that skis are considered part of your 44lb (20kg) luggage allowance.

basically we havent got enough of a limit to take our own equipment
my board/bindings and wheelie bag are about 12kg minimum

any suggestions please before we get stung at the airport
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ditch the wheelie bag, put the board in a lightweight bag instead, stuff your clothes in a squishy bag, and don't take so many of them.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try phoning up and finding out what the excess charges are?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i went Rocket SKi (in jan 07)- which is part of Equity and we had to pay £15 (each) for snowboard carriage which is a lot cheaper than the £30 (each) we have been stung by RYAN AIR for flights on Friday !!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard wrote:
Ditch the wheelie bag, put the board in a lightweight bag instead, stuff your clothes in a squishy bag, and don't take so many of them.

but that means buying another bag when mine is good enough
debbi wrote:
i went Rocket SKi (in jan 07)- which is part of Equity and we had to pay £15 (each) for snowboard carriage which is a lot cheaper than the £30 (each) we have been stung by RYAN AIR for flights on Friday !!

might be worth seeing as thats not a bad price
cheers

and this is where we are meant to be going Confused Confused
http://www.artesina.it/webcam.asp
http://pratonevoso.gextendo.it/img.php?rand=0.4538542330284179&id=1
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Theres a really good snowboard park in Prato and a halfpipe, the offpiste is good as well. Its a purpose built place and not pretty but its got everything you need. Atresina is however pretty ugly but again the runs are good
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great company, used them in Les Arcs in feb!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes we have used them for 6 years and they have been pretty good on the whole
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Huwphill wrote:
Theres a really good snowboard park in Prato and a halfpipe, the offpiste is good as well. Its a purpose built place and not pretty but its got everything you need. Atresina is however pretty ugly but again the runs are good

check my links above
i was thinking of playing in the pipe/rails for a bit
it looks more likely to take my mountain bike

phoned equity earlier and they told me 20kg only
cant pay for excessive baggage

havent got my board back from the manufacturers yet as its there for warranty
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Double ouch Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy