Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alternative to the Custom X

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive been snowboarding for about 5 years now and im looking to replace all my gear. The Custom X caught my eye but my knowlage of snowboards is lacking and i was wondering if anyone knew of any alternatives to it (and its hugd price tag) for the intemediate/ advanced snowboarder. Im a typical freestyle snowboarder, love fresh powder and caining it on off piste but go to jump parks a fair bit. So i guess a quality all mountain/freestyle board is what im looking for.

Cheers for any help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
can you teach me the proper way of waxing a snowboard? and also snowboard tuning thanks!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
why don't you just buy a Custom? Bought mine in Canada last year, ended up paying the equivalent of £200 for a brand new board!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Custom X is quite stiff. That is great if you like going hard all of the time, but having owned a Ride Timeless for 5 years I got fed up with having to work the board when I wanted a lazy day or wanted to lark around.

Stiff boards are exhilarating to ride hard but are less forgiving and therefore less fun. I would not buy a fully "top-end" board again for that reason. It doesn't matter how good a rider you are - most of us only ride on holiday and so maximum enjoyment is more important than an extra 2% of performance which requires you to concentrate to make the most of it. Many pro riders ride on £300 boards.

So this year I got myself a Ride Society. That is still a high-tech board (RRP £400) but is more easy going than the Timeless. That said, its carving on the hard stuff was still excellent. It is a true twin tip with a centred stance and so was not quite so good in powder as my Timeless, but it was good enough. Where it came into its own was riding switch, ollies, buttering, etc - all the things that make boarding fun and different from skiing.

So I'd recommend that you check out the Ride Society.

But there are plenty of other boards that fall into that category. I was also looking at the Rome Agent, and there wasn't much to choose between them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Totally agree with Tony Lane. I've owned lots of high end boards but my fave is still my NeverSummer SL. Used to be mid/high but now its well shagged out - soft as a noodle. Rides ok on piste but very forgiving for just mucking around and because its gone soft it rides pow so nice. Best thing is it's worthless so I miss out on riding pow because there may be hidden rocks.

All mountain riding is like driving around town, motorway, supermarket car park, off road. More fun in a ford focus than and Farrarriiiriiiiri.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy