Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes, Crystal, La Brunerie - Feb 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Les Deux Alpes is awesome!!! We had a truly brilliant time. We arrived last Saturday evening and it proceeded to snow all night and all the next day. The slopes and the streets were amazing. I headed off on Sunday morning for my first ski lesson with European Ski School. The lower slopes are primarily green runs for beginners and there were plenty of them. This was my first time on a button lift though and after 3 or 4 runs I managed to fall off and I felt my shoulder pop out!!! (I disclocated it on my last ski trip 5 years ago in Tahoe). As I rolled over to collect my poles and get out of the way, it went back in and I ski’d back down to the lift to head to the top again. Brave? Stupid? Nah, I just knew that if I didn’t get back on that bl**dy lift in a hurry I wouldn’t get back on it ever again. wink

I was a bit sore and bruised the next day so took a day off. Mr Leis went out with Easiski on Monday morning and came back so chuffed, it was hard to get the smile off his face. With Charlotte’s expert tuition he ski’d down the front face, through the trees and all the way to the bottom and he was bursting with pride. This is a man who hasn’t had a lesson since school and he was so tickled we had heard of Charlotte and he got a chance to be Easiski’d!!! He was very impressed. We managed to catch up for a drink on Wednesday night and then Charlotte bought JT, BernardC and another guy (who I can’t remember his name for the life of me sorry) up to our hotel to say hello the next night. It was great to meet fellow snowheads. Keeping in mind I have only been on the site for a couple of months, it was lovely to be made to feel part of the crowd! I can’t thank Charlotte enough for what she did for Mr Leis’ skiing and for how friendly and welcoming she was. snowHead

My next day’s skiing was a touch more adventurous. Mr Leis took me up the mountain and decided we’d give Gours a go. Now I’m sure it wouldn’t have been too bad if a blizzard hadn’t decided to settle in and it was almost a complete white out! I had bad weather goggles on and still couldn’t see a lot, let alone pick a line down the steep bits. There were three parts in particular where the “fear factor” got hold of me and I took off my skis and slid on my butt down to a point where I could manage. I think my fall on Sunday and my shoulder being so touchy made me a bit more hesitant than I would have been otherwise and in hindsight I feel a bit of an idiot. Embarassed

Regardless of all that, LDA was a brilliant resort. We went through Crystal and stayed at La Brunerie. I know staff are different every year but this year, we found the staff (except for one) to be more than helpful, the food really was amazing, the childcare awesome!!! Our two (aged 4 and 2.5) had 2 adults almost exclusively to themselves for the whole week!!! The lower slopes are brilliant for beginners and the top of the mountain has enough terrain for even the most experienced skiers I would say. If you’ve never been, get out there, visit Easiski and enjoy!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead

Here is a link to my photobucket album if you are interested - friends password is "bushwick". Please ignore the family shots Confused
http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/leisadoeslondon/Les%20Deux%20Alpes/
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey Leis !
Glad you had a good time ! hope you left some of the white stuff for me as i'm off there on friday snowHead
Loved your pics, the kids looked like they were having great fun
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Leis, Great report. I suggest that you could to with some Easiski treatment next time. Great report.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Leis, Wonderful! Knowing from here how much you were looking forward to it, it's great to know that you enjoyed it so much. Can never be easy with little ones although I'm sure they'll be joining in soon!

I'm amazed you managed to go where you did on the second day ... anyway him upstairs gave us mountains and 'butts' so no problem .. and if it's good enough for boarders... ho hum. No surprise that you fell off the button ... you shouldn't have been taking fotos ... do you ever put the camera down ? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Leis, Glad you had such a good time Toofy Grin

Hows your shoulder now you're back here?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for the report thinks its on my list for next year snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
geri, Thanks for asking Little Angel Its still a bit tender, more of a mild ache than anything else. I just have to start exercising it and getting the muscles to build up to protect it. The only problem is that "exercise" is a dirty word in our house Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Leis, nice one - only just seen this report from your comments on DC. Good result on the DIY shoulder repair Shocked

What's the next trip then? snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy