Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Training For Marathon - Now Boots Don't fit!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My GF bought some ski boots last year and at the time they fitted perfectly. Over the winter she's been training for the London Marathon which has resulted in significant changes to the shape of her lower leg i.e. her calves are a lot thinner.

She tried on her boots yesterday in preparation for going away next week and the top two buckles won't tighten enough to give decent support. The lower of the two isn't a problem as I can move the rachet plate along to the next setting, but the top buckle's plate is already in its tightest possible position.

Any suggestions as to how to improve the snugness of the top buckle when closed?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Clive, a nice thick pair of legwarmers tucked into the boots should do the trick! Sorry, not much help.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The DIY option would be to try an Eliminator Tongue http://www.bootfitters.com/eliminator.htm.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pad the "spoiler" on the rear cuff and a BOOSTER strap worn inside the shell.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Clive, Tell her to give up long distance running.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or to take up skiing powder.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Clive, what you need is comfy shin pads like what I got up in the attic somewhere.
Years ago - my second ski season - I was given some super racing boots by the hire shop: seemed comfortable for that first day, but come the next day I couldn't get the boots on due to severe pain from bruised shins. I thought my ski week was ruined, until another customer said they had the same problem and told me of the solution. Shin pads. They were wonderful and saved my holiday. I haven't been able to find a pic or site referring to them - they may no longer be made - but they are like a soft foam-filled shin pad that goes right round the leg at shin level with an under foot strap (like they used to have with some types of [url=http://www.pawstravels.com/winterskisale/skiclothesgallery/additionalskiclothes%20/men'sblack.gif]ski pants[/url]).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This happened to me - but my calves got bigger not smaller Shocked .

I have seen shin pads the likes of which are described by Jonpim, in resort shops so probably comparatively easy to track down.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Take a look at the buckle teeth. On many boots these can be moved by either under a small allen key bolt and locating into a more suitable hole or twisting a sliding said teeth.

Can't do that! Plan B. You could try placing a thin foam pad between the inner boot and the shell in the calf area. This can take some of the volume away. Plan C is to take the boots to a good local shop and have them move and re-rivet either the buckles or the buckle teeth.

Enjoy the snow

Jon
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim, errrrrm... you mean like this: http://www.bootfitters.com/eliminator.htm

EB and S&R stock them I think, about £20.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, you beat me to it! I've seen what long-distance running can do to people's minds, never mind their bodies Confused
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
clara_jo, yes they become so obsessive.......unlike us skiers wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Buckles come in different lengths....try a shorter one.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zebedee, not quite. My thingy goes all round the leg and is ever-so comfy.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can make one out of Plastazote and nylon strapping.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy