Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Servicing for Dummies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

I have always had my skis serviced by the professionals, at Devon Ski centre in Newton Abbot, and they are very Good, however i have decided i would quite like to have a bit of a go myself, perhaps not the full service, but a bit off tuning whilst in resort, currently this only consists of a couple applications of Zardoz Notwax in the week.

The only thing is i dont have a clue where to start! Puzzled

If anyone has any basic plans of what they do, any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated, any website links, or even books that are available. Ofcourse im sure the knowledge here at snowheads is far greater than any book!

Thanks in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davidpratt15, book at day trip to Nottingham and see Spyderjon.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If hes as good as FenlandSkier and Charlatanefc say, then it would probably be well worth it! Just a heck of a journey! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a chat with our very own Spyderjon, http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk
He's fettled many a snowhead's skis for them and can set you on the road to tuning your own.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidpratt15, I think Spyderjon was doing some Ski Servicing For Dummies today. Try looking on http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidpratt15, he is! I am bloody hopeless at anything like that, but it was a cinch (bar scraping the wax off after I'd used FAR too much and he took pity on me Wink)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman, lol Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i see that Spyderjon does ski tuning lessons, unbeatable valuable, perhaps he will be able to squeeze me in after ive been rock chopping at the MSB Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidpratt15, No problem re a lesson in Nottm. I also offer an excellent DVD which would be worth you looking at due to the distance involved in coming up to Nottingham. The DVD's details on my website.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, does the DVD come with hospitality from Deb? I've heard that's what makes the visit really special wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon, thanks, i will let you know when/if i get back from the MSB. But im fairly interested in the tuning lessons, thanks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have resurrected this thread because until yesterday I was a ski-tuning dummy and now I am not, following a trip to Spyderjon's with Richard E.
A happy afternoon was spent servicing my skis and repairing a pair of Richard E's and despite the 6.10hr round-trip, it was definitely worthwhile. Filled with the confidence imbued during the lesson, next weekend I plan to savage (sorry that should have read "service") my wife's skis too and re-wax my own.

Richard E and Spyderjon at work.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nick L, I'm going to regret asking, but what are those two black templates on the wall - some sort of S&M guide? Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, we didn't get to use those Sad wink

Actually I think they appeared to have three angulated slots so wonder if they are some sort of support for the ski while you work on it (not required for what we were doing anyway)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mosha Marc wrote:
Nick L, I'm going to regret asking, but what are those two black templates on the wall - some sort of S&M guide? Shocked

As I run an equal opportunities business those are snowboard vices wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy