Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

milan, italy resorts help please

Poster: A snowHead
Trying to find a resort next sunday for 4/5 nights , livigno seems sold out rolling eyes , cervinia is reallly expensive , been to madesimo before , can anybody recommend any other resorts that are good also for kids and shops to keep the missus happy ! Travelling by public transport

Thanks wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andolini, not been there but what about aosta/pila ? I know it is popular with school groups
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andolini, Turin is only an hour a way so anything accessible from Turin would also work including some French resorts through Frejus tunnel... St Moritz is quite nice I hear as well snowHead wink

Someone will of course have some better ideas
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Dolomites are about 3.5 hrs away
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it Milan or Bergammo?

Either way Passo Tonale is about 2 hrs from Bergammo (Where Ryanair go). Also Madonna di Campilgo is close to Tonale
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andolini, Gressoney, Champoulc or Alagna ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for info, plumped for livigno in the end , plenty to do for my little girl and the mrs can
shop etc , while i go skiing Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we were in livigno for a few weeks and got back tuesday, the snow is pretty good at the moment and we managed to ski everyday. it was snowing as we left and more is forecast this week. we have quite a few friends in livigno and regularly go out to see them. whereabouts are you staying? have you been before?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try Bormio. Skiing area not huge but certainly adequate. Bormio town is rather lovely Italian village/town - lots of shops restaurants and elegant Italians. Only real drawback is that it`s a good 3-4 hours from Milan airport.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
beetle, I drove through Bormio on the way to Livigno and saw very little skiing there. Worth the extra 30 mins to Livigno, and have a day trip to Bormio if you fancy it.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stevec, having done both, I think the skiing probably is better in Livigno but would have thought that Bormio is very attractive and is more likely to Mrs Andolini happy ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beetle, Fair shout, nicer looking town as well arguably.

I guess it depends on whether skiing or a nice village is the priority.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beetle, Have been to Bormio 4 times and yes it's a really beautiful old town. Fantastic outside roman baths too, where you can see the skiers on the mountains whilst floating around in the hot water. The skiing was good too (maybe not for experts) but we are all good intermediates and found it perfectly ok. I like reasonable skiing on a holiday, but the general ambiance of the place means an awful lot too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rjs, I assume a tongue-in-cheek smiley is missing there Wink . Gressoney is one of the sleepiest ski villages I've ever been to, and am told that it's even then the major night spot in the area (certainly compared to Alagna) Shocked .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
GrahamN, If you think it's quiet in winter you should try it in summer.
snow report
GrahamN, He asked for something reachable from Milan but cheaper than Cervinia, quality of night life wasn't a requirement.

One of the kids from our club found somewhere that was open until 5am last month, so it can't be that quiet.
snow report
hannah34 wrote:
we were in livigno for a few weeks and got back tuesday, the snow is pretty good at the moment and we managed to ski everyday. it was snowing as we left and more is forecast this week. we have quite a few friends in livigno and regularly go out to see them. whereabouts are you staying? have you been before?

Hannah, yes been loads of times worked out there when i was 16, some 20 yrs ago now , used to stock up on armani gear back then , staying at the http://www.camanaveglia.com/ very pleased superior room with cot and whirlpool bath did it for me 80 euros a day each half board / 4 course menu , 33/33 lifts open , nightlife was never really an issue as is my little girls first snow holiday so expect a lot of snowman making/sledging Laughing Though talk of the litre glasses of beer after skiiing will sort me out !

Thanks again
ski holidays
beetle wrote:
Stevec, having done both, I think the skiing probably is better in Livigno but would have thought that Bormio is very attractive and is more likely to Mrs Andolini happy ?

We speak the same language ! Laughing
ski holidays
excellent choice of hotel and perfect for getting anywhere from. we know the camana pretty well and our friend who is out there for the winter season working is in the mottini shop next door for his 5th year running. he is the english guy who services all the ski's downstairs and i have got to say he is the best one to get ski's serviced with if you take your own
we now go regularly in the motorhome and stay for as long as possible. we are both skiers, however having a 15 month old i did not ski this time and spent the days shopping. i took the little one up to the mottolino kindergarten a few times and she loved it and its free! if they are over 3 years old you can leave them with the staff whilst you go and have a ski/ coffee etc.
my hubby has worked out there for a season too over at the mottolino ski hire with david mottini - hence the reason we always go there....lots of friends to visit and lots of snow to enjoy in the process......have a great time and if you need any info let me know....
snow conditions
excellent choice of hotel and perfect for getting anywhere from. we know the camana pretty well and our friend who is out there for the winter season working is in the mottini shop next door for his 5th year running. he is the english guy who services all the ski's downstairs and i have got to say he is the best one to get ski's serviced with if you take your own
we now go regularly in the motorhome and stay for as long as possible. we are both skiers, however having a 15 month old i did not ski this time and spent the days shopping. i took the little one up to the mottolino kindergarten a few times and she loved it and its free! if they are over 3 years old you can leave them with the staff whilst you go and have a ski/ coffee etc.
my hubby has worked out there for a season too over at the mottolino ski hire with david mottini - hence the reason we always go there....lots of friends to visit and lots of snow to enjoy in the process......have a great time and if you need any info let me know....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy