Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Back from Puy Saint Vincent

Poster: A snowHead
Had a week of mixed weather with 3 snowfalls and plenty of powder higher up. Mostly quite mild with barely freezing temperatures overnight at 1600. Very warm and sunny today but cooler and snowier weather was forecast.

Lift queues got to be a bit annoying at times (rarely really bad but difficult to get away from). The Snowbizz regulars commented that they had never known that amount of queuing before.

Despite the queues there seemed to be no effort to ensure the chairs went up full. Especially annoying when the Bergerie chair was out of action for a while and everybody descended on the Cretes lift.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nessy, my friends are flying out with Snowbizz today and we are off to join them next fri/sat/sun.

I'd be interested to know which runs you'd recommend? Also any bars/restaurants worthy of a vist???

Did you ski at the smaller area up the road as well? Sorry but I cant remember what it's called.......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Roger C, Pelvoux? I'm afraid we were a bit tied to PSV by the kids.

The Petit Chamois does good pizzas. The place the other side of the tunnel is supposed to be good (name forgotten) but we tried to get in on Friday and it was booked up. We went with some friends so didn't really get into the whole Snowbizz thing.

My piste recomendations would be
long blue warmup: Cretes
fast red to get back to 1600: Bergerie
quiet red: Draile
quiet lift: Rocher Noir - not that difficult a drag really
the red from the right hand of the double drags is really wide and normally has good snow, excellent for really wide fast carves

Mind you it is not difficult to get around the whole place and hopefully you will not experience the queues we did after the holiday period. The whole mountain above 1600 is nice, that's why we have been there 3 times.
Little Angel
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we're off with snowbizz at the end of the month for a week. Any tips would be greatfully appreciated especially for ski school. I'm going to learn to ski and so is my five year old daughter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ashton parker, as mentioned above I'll be out there from fri for the w/e to join my friends who are there now with snowbizz so will report back next week
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hope to get a slightly longer report into the Resorts section tonight with some pics but in the meantime here's the latest from PSV:

we skied Sat and Sun and the pistes were firm in the morning then softening up nicely in the sun but slushy lower down by mid afternoon but we still managed to ski all the way down to 1400 with not too many stones on the piste! once the sun was off the slopes they quickly got very crispy.....

pistes generally in good nick and our bases are tidier after this trip than any other this year which means the pisteies there are doing a good job!

sunday we left PSV and skied Montgenevre/Claviere. conditions there mainly good and it snowed a little yesterday afternoon and looked like more was on it's way

the link over from France to Italy was a really nice run and i recommend this if you are in the area and dont mind some polling along on the return leg.....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks Roger, looking forward to more tomorrow........

I have to confess to getting slightly nervous as I prepare to take to skis for the first time.

I suspect I may well revert back to my board to enjoy the slush at the end of the day as i keep being informed by my better half that heavy slush is not fun on skis.

How were your friends enjoying the snowbizz experience? I presuem they had young children as well?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ashton parker, there's a bit more detail here: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=576472#576472

dont be nervous about getting on skis - think of all those places with flat run outs that you'll now be able to enjoy Smile

my friends were impressed with snowbizz as are some other friends who have been back to PSV 3 times with their kids as everything is so well sorted out

hope you have a great trip!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roger C, did you get much in the way of lift queues?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The queues should have gone now, as the French holidays will be finished.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nessy as Helen Beaumont says we didnt have a problem with queues Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Excellent Roger, thanks a bunch.

I'm very impressed with snowbizz so far. They just called me to check and confirm my booking and that I knew all the details and if I needed anymore info etc. First time that has ever happened. I'm looking forward to my pizza avec oeuf already!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowbizz called me on my Swiss mobile while we were en-route. When I told them we were close by she hung up, rang the PSV office, got them to prepare our room as a priority and then called me back to let me know we could turn up early. Excellent service Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow now that is impressive
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
just back from a top trip. Daughter loved it and desperate to go back which was the whole point of the trip. I managed to ski as well. A full report in the next few days - work permitting.
latest report
ashton parker, glad you enjoyed it, look fwd to reading your report in due course Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy