Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First time snowboard clothing

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

With my first snowboard holiday coming up for the same week as the EOSB (in VT as well), I need to get myself some gear. I have a Bonfire jacket already but need some pants. Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations? I'm on quite tight budget.

I have seen some half price trespass ones (£110 down to £55) but don't really know if they are any good. Anyone used them? What features should I look out for?

Are there any snowboarders going on the EOSB in april? I'm a photographer so want some cliff dropping nutters to take pics of Very Happy

Thanks in advance,

Tim
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr Lizzard had a pair of Trespass pants for two seasons, had no complaints about them. Still uses them as a spare pair occasionally.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure if there is one close but Decathlon were selling there ski stuff off very cheaply when i went there this w/e. Good, functional stuff to.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhotoTim, There is a short guide to cheap gear in this thread Toofy Grin
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22621
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, note his location...it won't surprise you, then, that we're related Shocked This means he's probably just as likely to take the p@*s back Toofy Grin

P.S. It's a good guide tho...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Short guide?! Shocked Very useful though, thanks for the tip. It broke up my day at work a bit, along with the dentist and lunch time visit to pizza hut.

I've been offered some Animal domain pants at trade price, but think I might go for the trespass ones unless anyone thinks otherwise?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PhotoTim, welcome to snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michelle wrote:
PhotoTim, welcome to snowHead

Thanks Michelle. Be sure to wave as you ski past me after I've fallen on my a*se on the nursery slopes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PhotoTim, I'll even direct you onto the right bus at GVA wink Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PhotoTim, Welcome to sHs Very Happy

Hasn't that other IOW sH (brother?) got some spare gear - he's always buying new kit and snowboard gear is practically the same as ski gear - just don't borrow his boots Toofy Grin Aside from that, you're lucky the sales are now on so you should be able to bag a bargain.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IncogSkiSno, unfortunately (for him) I sold it all on eBay Toofy Grin PhotoTim's got webbed feet too so the boots shouldn't be a problem...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes he's my brother, but I'm the (much) cooler one out of the two of us. Michelle, thanks for sorting the coach we would have been a bit stuck otherwise.

I have his old gloves which smell a bit and I've used them in my boat so they are encrusted with salt. All I need are pants and goggles...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PhotoTim, you suck Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
PhotoTim wrote:
Yes he's my brother, but I'm the (much) cooler one out of the two of us.

I actually really do believe you wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Oh s***, pincer movement Shocked
ski holidays
Went to the Gunwarf keys in Pompy yesterday and picked up some Tog24 Gore-tex jobbies for £49 reduced from £190...thats got to be a bargain!
ski holidays
PhotoTim, Bargain ! . . . well done Very Happy
ski holidays
Wear anything just as long as it's too big. wink
snow report
PhotoTim, Hmm good point from Spyderman, are your boxers visible ? Laughing
ski holidays
PhotoTim, I went to TK Maxx and picked up a Helly-Hansen jacket for £19 in the clearance section and bought some Trespass pants for £30.
The jacket was brilliant last week when I was in La Plagne, although the pants ripped around the crotch, which I was a bit peeved about. However, I took my fishing salopettes (Shimano HFG ones) just in case and wore them and must say that they are the best trousers I’ve worn! They have an elasticated snow skirt around the ankle, they are baggy so look good and they are fully adjustable around the waist and never once tried to come undone – I’m definitely going to wear them from now on!

Have a look at www.gooutdoors.co.uk for quality outdoor gear- they even have a skiing section that’s dead cheap.

Enjoy the bash snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy