Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots in board bag?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flying to Banff with Monarch through Inghams on Wednesday. We have pre-booked snowboard carriage at £15 each. Can we get away with packing the boots and/or clothing in the board bag? Will they check and insist we repack if we put other stuff in with the boards? Is there a weight limit on snowboard bags?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I put all my stuff (board, boots, bindings, clothes) in my board bag when flying with Monarch to Calgary in January and the check-in staff didn't bat an eyelid in either direction. I can't remember what the weight limit is but the bag came in well below.

Enjoy the flight! And the jetlag! wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sjb287m, most airlines, accept a boot bag when you have pre booked ski/snowboard carriage, so there shouldnt really be the need to squash it all in
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hd wrote:
I put all my stuff (board, boots, bindings, clothes) in my board bag when flying with Monarch to Calgary in January and the check-in staff didn't bat an eyelid in either direction. I can't remember what the weight limit is but the bag came in well below.

Enjoy the flight! And the jetlag! wink

We have put 2 pairs of boots (Stuffed with base layers,socks etc.) plus one board in one bag and it weighs in at 18kg is this taking the p**s. Flying out of Manchester anyone had problems here?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sjb287m, I've had two boards, two sets of bindings, all padding and basically whatever else I can stuff in, and no-one has ever queried weight or size Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I put my snowboard, board boots, ski boots, walking boots and towel in my board bag to fly BA to Italy. No problem at all snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We once took 2 boards, 2 boots, 2 bindings, all our boarding clothes, AND a playstation + games in ONE wheelie bag !!
we did get told off for being a 'tad' over but they still let us on without extra charge.
We now have a wheelie bag each which takes all our equip & all our clothes etc.. so no need for any other luggage.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've had 2 boards, 2 pairs of boots a set of skis and my boarding clothes in a bag... weighed a wee bit over but our combined baggage was below the limit and they let us through.

This was calgary
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I only have a small bag so tend not to put my boots in it although I do stuff it up with clothes instead. Last year it came back with a set of skis in there too and it will have the same for my next trip. I've never been near the luggage allowance so it's not really been a problem although I tend to take out clothes for the trip back to make room for wine etc.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Usually go as a two - and take 1 bag and 1 snowboard bag, however if i was going on my own i would just take the snowboard bag and put all my gear in it. Would be slightly nervous though and take my credit card - although the boards have always turned up I wonder if they are more 'likely' to be misplaced in transit as you have to take them to a separate place for the outsize baggage.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mountain mad, I know what you mean; it always seems to me that if someone wanted to help themselves to a new board or skis it wouldn't be the hardest thing. Especially at GVA where you just leave them on a big cart.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sjb287m,

I flew to Lyon back in jan with BA and was well worried about weight limits and all that.

Managed to get two boards, two sets of boots, our bindings and a few bits and bobs my bag but didn't have any problems. The only minor thing was when the bag was scanned, as the guys on the machine were confused by the xray showing a screw driver set. Otherwise, no problems.

I think the airlines have come to expect bags with all sorts of stuff in, especially when the flights are predominately full of skiers and boarders. I think the £15 charge for each bag more than covers their costs so that's why they don't make a fuss.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all the help. Got back on Thursday had no problems at either Manchester or Calgary airports. The bag weighed about 20kg by the time i had stuffed most of our gear into it. I dont think they even weighed it just scanned it through the x-ray machine. If anyone is going to Banff I would recommend the trip to Jasper. The trip is usually pushed by Inghams but you don't have to be one of their customers to go on it. You spend one day travelling up highway 93 (a stunning veiw all the way). Then you get to ski or board at Marmot basin the next day we had a great powder day and then travel back to Banff at about 3pm. You stay at the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge which is quite nice but VERY pricey $9.00 for a pint of Stella and $25 each for a buffet breakfast.
thanks again
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy