Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

17th March - Anyone going to Kaprun?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...coz we are snowHead snowHead snowHead

Just couldn't face waiting until pre-season in November before going back to the mountains.

Last minute booking and a good deal and at least they have a glacier so there may even be some snow there!

Never been there before.

Anybody got any tips?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
docsquid, what would you like to know?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B wrote:
docsquid, what would you like to know?

Oh, you know - how busy does the glacier get? What is the best time to get the bus (is it really busy first thing, is it better to wait until later, that sort of thing). Any good restaurants for the day off when we have to eat out. Best runs. Good ski hire shops (we've got our own but might hire either to try out something different, or rent powder skis if it is nice and powdery coz ours are on-piste slalom-type skis).

Cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How busy the glacier gets depends on what the snow conditions are like in the surrounding area. If they are good, then the glacier will be okay. If they are bad, then it could get busy. If the weather is really bad, then think about skiing at Kaprun or Zell rather than on the glacier.

The glacier is a short bus ride away. There are two gondolas that go up to the glacier (one above the road, one below). I can't recall which one the bus stops at, but the lower one has bigger cabins. I would imagine that earlier is better in terms of going up....as if people are travelling from other ski areas, they will be arriving all throughout the morning.

I've never eaten out, so can't help on that one.

Depends on your ski ablility as to what is a good run, but most on the glacier are okay. If you go up to the top of the cable car, there is a viewing platform that you can walk to. It is a black run off that, but only short...and it saves walking back!

Intersport have a good network of shops in the area, and were really good when one of our kids left their trainers in the alpincentre shop and returned the skis/boots to Arietbahn. They arranged for the trainers to be sent on the van that day, so we didn;t have to go back up for them. Other snowHeads have mentioned that sport 2000 do good deals. Both have shops up at the glacier, so i'd have thought look up there.

Are you planning on skiing the glacier every day, or skiing Zell?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Buses stop at lower one. If driving better to park at higher one if can get a space near it, as fewer queues coming down at end of day, though fewer spaces near it than for lower one and buses from the series of car parks adjacent to the gondolas stop at the lower one.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B wrote:

Are you planning on skiing the glacier every day, or skiing Zell?

Oh, we're hopeful the snow will be good and we can ski Zell as well as Kaprun and the glacier. The information about the bus stops is helpful - we aren't driving, so we will rely on the bus, but don't mind waiting around a bit, just so long as we get some good skiing at the end of it! We honestly like all kinds of runs and don't feel it has to be black or it isn't fun. We've had great fun on blacks, and also on lovely sweeping wide greens.

Can't wait to get to the snow again now!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zell is a nice area. If you are coming from Kaprun, then the Arietbahn is probably your best bet. A Couple of gondola rides and you're at the top of the ski area. Black 13 & 14 are nice runs and are usually quiet.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well, just packet the skis. Anybody else going to be there next week? Forecast looks like quite cold with quite a lot of snow, so should be fun. It's all been a bit strange getting ready, because I haven't had any of the excitement I usually get, due to Mum passing away on 16th February, and consequently having so much stuff to do and so many mixed feelings about going skiing (she was taken ill while we were in Courchevel).

Anyway, if any SH's in the area, we'd definitely be up for a meet. There are, apparently, a whole load of people from our motorcycle club going to Zell next week too, so should be a hoot.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
docsquid, sorry to hear about your Mum - she sounded a fine lady. But you know that she'd want you to be heading back to the mountains... she'll be with you on every run Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy