Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If I buy some Tecnica Magmas, hpw much will it cost to mould 'em?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick quessie - thinking of buying a pair of these. These need plugging into a power supply to heat the liners to mould them. I assume and ski shop that sells these boots will have the facility to fit them, but ar they likely to be willing to do so, and how much is it likely to cost? Is there a bootfitting snowHead in the SE who would be able to do this for a fee?
Many thanks.....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
petemillis, If you buy from a Tecnica dealer they'll have the gear & should do it FOC as part of the purchase price.

You can also buy either a Hot Form Home Adaptor or a Hot Form car adaptor which allows you to plug in the liners for drying/warming etc. These run at a lower heat than the in-store moulder so aren't hot enough to either initially mould the liners or for later re-moulds.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, Ha, this is the thing. In my earlier post wondering where people buy stuff, I sort of advocated buying local, but I've gone and taken a chance on Ski Bilek. I tried Magmas on last week in France so know what size I needed, and I've just gone got them on ebay from Bilek for 261 Euro incl delivery. Snow and Rock in Brighton wanted £360 (twice as much at about 515 Euro). I'm thinking I could just heat the liners meself as I have a power supply here, variable from 0 to 15V at up to 40Amps - all I'd need to do would to be to go to Maplin and get a suitable plug!
Anyone done this heat moulding liners themselves? Any tips? Suppose I could just see what the shop want to charge but kind of feel it's taking the mick.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ha, just realised I've bought the Hiperfit, not the Hotform, so all I need is hot air. I've just asked Bilek if it's possible to change the order to Hotform - worth asking I guess as I like the idea of pluggin them in to dry 'em
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
petemillis wrote:
I've just asked Bilek if it's possible to change the order to Hotform - worth asking I guess

No harm in asking but I found ski-bilek to be pretty much a "rules are rules" outfit when I tried to add the "get bindings fitted to skis for 8 Euros" option after I had bought my RX8s. I got an email back telling me that it wasn't possible to add/change anything after the auction finished - fair enough, given the volume that they sell and the prices they charge.

(As it turned out, they did me a favour because it was very easy to fit the bindings to the Fischers).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jtr, just had an email from Ski-Bilek saying that can supply the Hotform boots for an extra 49 euro. Just emailed them back thuogh to say that I'll stick with the Hiperfit 'cos Surf and Ski (my favourite local ski shop) don't have the transformer for the Hotform, and I don't think my own will go to high enuoght voltage.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy