Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hi Altitude resorts within striking distance of Notre Dame / Crest

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Staying in Notre Dame / Crest area mar 13 to 17th. In case the snow detoriates are there any resorts within 30km that have a bit more altitude (2500 to 3000 metre)

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forgot to say, doesnt have to be a big domain resort
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dublin1, no help to you - but where is Notre Dame / Crest?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dublin1,
La Clusaz and Megeve are closest I think but for height you may have to go to Chamonix.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix, then probably 3Vs/Paradiski.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dublin1,

Les Saises is linked to Crest Voland with skiing upto about 1900m. Not that high, but I think it holds the snow quite well
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dublin1, the top section of Notre Dame has some great skiing and holds the snow well (east facing, in the main). I will be surprised if there isn't decent skiing across much of the Espace Diamant. Les Contamines is also a very good bet (often better than the lower areas of Chamonix) and not too far. The best skiing is at the top anyway. From Notre Dame you can drive up through Les Saisies and Hauteluce to the end of the Hauteluce Valley at Belleville and get straight up to the top, with a short gondola and one chairlift. Huge car park at the bottom. Better than trogging around towards St Gervais and then having to get a series of lifts up from Les Contamines village, which is quite low. If you start at the Belleville side you can do all your skiing above 1400m. The route round to Belleville is not too obvious on a smallish scale road map but if you head to Les Saisies, then through Hauteluce, and keep going, you'll get there. If you need REALLY high I would personally head for Val Thorens. But it's a lot more than 30km and will be a lot more crowded than Les Contamines. I don't think it will be necessary to go that far.

Where are you staying? You can get from Notre Dame to Crest Voland on skis but only via Les Saisies. Crest Voland is a bit low; nice area to visit but if the snow is doubtful there are better areas. The Les Saisies skiing goes up to 2009m. Much better snow than the Tarentaise at the same altitude. Freak of geography.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy