Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Nomads

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone out there know where I can buy Atomic Nomad Blackeye or Crimson in Uk/Europe?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bob, I'm told that the Nomad range isn't available in the UK & Europe until the Autumn so the only way to get them is to buy from the US were there are limited 07/08 models availble.

The problem being that even with the current strong pound you'll still pay over the odds versus waiting & buying from the UK. I think the Crimson's list price will be a tad under £500 when launched but it's $1000 in the US. At $1.90/£1 that's £526 then there's shipping, VAT, Duty & the Entry Charge so you won't get much change from £650! So unless you're already going to the US & can buy them there you'll be better off waiting - & then probably buying in Europe from someone like Sport Conrad etc.

If you're feeling flush & want some from the States then contact Jim at http://www.sierrasnowboard.com who supply all the Atomic owners on epicski.

I'm not aware of any sizing rules like the Metrons & I got an 07/08 dealer catalogue & there's nothing in there. I've got SX:B5's in 166 & I've gone for a 176 Crimson (I'm 5'9" & 15st). I haven't skied them yet (next trip is March 17th) the Atomic factory recommended the 176's for me, especially as my old 162cm B5's & 175cm M:EX's were spot on for me.

Examining the skis at the SLIDE trade show I reckon the two skis have the same construction & flex (both have the same no. TFC sectors etc) with the difference being just in the width, ie the Crimson being 7mm wider in all dimensions which is significant & IMO will make it a far better off-piste performer unless your a lightweight. The Crimson's do look great but the Blackeye's black & chrome finish looks really Cool.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skiied on the Crimson Nomads and can vouch for them being pretty awesome in the powder. Didn't work for me on piste though, and I don't think I would buy a pair for general use.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've managed to order a pair of Blackeye from snowHead Canski Glacier shop in Banff. Picking them up on arrival 28th March. Can't wait!! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bob, i won't post ahwt i was going to then wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, Oh go on..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, Yeh, go on..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i lkied the crimson, but i thought the others were really bland and boring to ski on Little Angel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM, Good job I've got the Crimson's then. First outing this Sunday Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skied the Crimson all day today. Variation on the Vallee Blanche. Packed spring snow.

Having tumbled after first two turns due to persisant "Ski-mpotence". I finally got on my game. The skis are light, but then is a pot of Chocolate Mouse. This ski does want to turn, it is an "Exhibition Carving Ski". By that i mean controlled long sweeping carved turns. When pushed, she does a little amount of acceleration but this is not a Volkl ski for sure. Ski at your limit and she'll flap and twist like Chubby Checkers epilectic girlfriend. Given that the skis have have a synthetic core, it will not improve but worsen with each turn. This ski was new out of the box and in unbelivable condition, in terms of Factory Preparation.
Accessable, easy turning but nothing inspiring.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SZK I echo your comments re the excellent factory prep.

SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
......When pushed, she does a little amount of acceleration but this is not a Volkl ski for sure. Ski at your limit and she'll flap and twist like Chubby Checkers epilectic girlfriend.....

What length were you on & what are your stats?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
as i said i liked the crimson....i did not love the crimson, the Elan 999 and 888 were much nore fun Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spyderjon, Stats: I guess you mean, I'm 174cm, 70kg. Boot, Salomon X2 soft with Booster and Injection liner. Ski length 174cm. I over powered it in my Freeride boots! How do i ski? Ask CEM. But don't ask the Large-one, he's just a Target! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, how does he ski, well........ generally in a straight line, turning as little as possible and occasionally running into a two legged slalom pole AKA LARGEZOOKEEPER Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
spyderjon, If you want to try the 'Blackeye' - I know where there is a pair in resort wink
latest report
srobbo, Yes please. PM me.
ski holidays
spyderjon, PM'd details
latest report
Bob wrote:
Anyone out there know where I can buy Atomic Nomad Blackeye or Crimson in Uk/Europe?

I didn't take a great deal of notice as to model but did see an atomic nomad in one of the bigger ski shops in st anton. It was sort of a purply black colour if that helps. I can't tell you which shop it may have been one of the alber sports shops
ski holidays
I have a pair of Blackeyes. I have done 3 days in Banff with them and just done a week in al Thorens.

They are great skis - edge hold is really strong, and nice and easy to carve, whilst also being very stable at speed. I found these less 'flappy' than M:11's or B:5's, and obviously a lot lighter too.

HOWEVER on the 1st day in Val Thorens, in a ski queue (obviously in France as things like this dont happen in Canada) someone barged down the ski queue and went over the top of my skis, leaving a massive opening gouge on one of the Nano sections. Left a very deep 2 inch long cash, opening through to the core, ripping the nano piece apart, and the supsequent bulge of all this has pulled the edge away from the base. So for all mountain skis, I would be very sceptical how long these will last! Its not just this damage, for a pair of skis just 9 days old, they already look like a dogs dinner. No, they still ski fine, and at the end of the day the looks are not key, BUT for a ski this expensive, in this catagory, you expect some durability.

And I ordered blackeyes, which when they turned up were purple and not the advertised/pictured black, so be careful when ordering!

My ten pence.

ScottyDog
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
SZK I echo your comments re the excellent factory prep.

SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
......When pushed, she does a little amount of acceleration but this is not a Volkl ski for sure. Ski at your limit and she'll flap and twist like Chubby Checkers epilectic girlfriend.....

What length were you on & what are your stats?

Tried my M11 B5's last week, they were very good. As you suggested I tried the central and forward positions.

As you suggested, the forward one was better!

Cheers
[/img]
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy