Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The new buyers unveil their plans for Glencoe.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Accused of naivety by the media, the buyers of Glencoe may not be buying a white elephant according to the Sunday Herald... “S’no snow!” cry the project’s detractors, but businessmen Campbell and Tait are no flakes. They reason that the future of the resort lies in all-season centre, accepting that the weather must have the final say. Mountain biking, canyoning, paragliding, all have their place.

As far as common sense goes, Glencoe’s investors are certainly not blowing hot and cold.

More news here

www.glencoemountain.com
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Glencoe (or, more to the point, Rannoch Moor) is one of the greatest landscapes and locations on our island. I think they were very wise to take the challenge on, and hope they will be really sensitive to the treasure they now lease.

The Fleming family, who I believe retain ownership of the Glencoe estate, always keep a very low profile. No James Bond skiing sequence has ever been filmed there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
This may have been a very negative attitude, but it was there, with one newspaper taking a particularly ill-judged pop at the new Glencoe owners, depicting them as naive fools for – doh! – buying a ski centre in a country where there is so rarely – these days – any snow.

Hopefully the first thing the new owners will do is to shake the journalist warmly by the throat.

If a lie is repeated enough times people believe it. It does snow in Scotland. The snowline might not be as far down the mountain as it used to be, but you can usually get to skiable snow at all of the resorts between January and April (well with the exception of Glenshee because of it's reliance on surface lifts which mean you can't get to the snow if the lower tracks aren't complete).

Does make you see what they are up against when you have local 'journalists' who make flippant, unhelpful comments like that. After all anybody reading that isn't going to think, "oh, maybe I'll try Glencoe next year". More likely to think, "how much are those flights to Geneva" instead.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy