Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA* d Airways

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Bish, Sounds a bit better, don't wait too long for them to get back to you.

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only time we had luck with getting compensation from BA was when both myself and Mrs W were regular business travellers.

Having lost our luggage for 3 days on an anniversary trip to Madrid, and various components being completely lost when the bags did turn up, we claimed for damage, disturbance, and various other bits and pieces, about £300 in all.

"Your claim is being considered" said the first letter. "No problem, we wrote back, but until you sort it, I shall be doing my weekly trip to Zurich with Swissair. So far you have lost £700."

Letter two: " Your claim is still being considered". Response: " Hey don't worry: you take your time. PS you are now down £1000"

" It takes time for us to consider these matters, and there is often a backlog" came letter three.

" Please don't concern yourself. Mrs W has just booked business class to Joburg with South African Airlines, at a cost of £3000. You are now down £4500. But we can wait - there really is no rush"

Letter 4 (by return) "Your cheque for twice your original claim enclosed".

Because you don't normally have any leverage, they treat you like something they've trodden in. We were fortunate to have some thing they wanted from us: namely regular repeat business. Something that once (or twice) a year holiday makers can't really hold over them. Of course... you could always exagerate...

Good luck and I look forward to hearing how it goes!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JimW, How right you are. Got the sod-off letter yesterday.

Back to the drawing board.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a GVA-LHR flight cancelled a few weeks ago when it snowed in the UK, and was booked onto the next available flight the following day. Claimed on my travel insurance for the delay (got £175 back) plus a phone call to BA got me 10,000 airmiles to add to my small collection. I was pleased with those outcomes, especially as the hassle factor was relatively small for me when my flight was cancelled Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Call for a free number by the European Union 00800 6789 1011 to get the opinion/view on what the rights are.

The regulation, which is binding in all Member States of the EU is here: http://europa.eu/eur-lex/pri/en/oj/dat/2004/l_046/l_04620040217en00010007.pdf
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish, Take your claim to the Air Users Transport Council or else Small Claims Court.

Quote:
If you have already made a written complaint to an airline or airport, and you are not satisfied with the outcome, we may be able to help, though we have no powers to compel service providers to accept our views.

We are at present receiving a high number of enquiries and requests for help following the coming into force of the EU Regulation on denied boarding, cancellation and delay. Please do not feel that you cannot contact us but we may not respond as quickly as you - or we - would wish. You may prefer to look at our advice pages to satisfy yourself whether or not you should accept the airline's reply before writing to us (remember we can only help once you have already written to the airline).

You can write to us at our address below (please give us all the facts and send us copies of your correspondence with the airline or airport). Or you can telephone us on Monday to Thursday between 9.30 am and 2.30pm. We will not take up your complaint if it is against a tour operator or travel agent, but you can telephone us for advice if you are not sure.

Air Transport Users Council
CAA House
45-59 Kingsway
London
WC2B 6TE

Tel: 020 7240 6061 (consumer advice 9.30am to 2.30pm Monday-Thursday)
Fax: 020 7240 7071
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks as if victory is ours. Had a call on my mobile yesterday from a senior man at BA who was profuse in his apologies. He was genuinely embarrassed that we had had repeated rejections from Customer Services and accepted the total reasonableness of our claim.

They are refunding our excess costs and offering £100 vouchers each for future BA flights. Result!

Thanks are due to an influential snowHead who put me in touch with the right people at BA.

Feel the power of the snowHeads!

snowHead snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Bish,

excellent. well done Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish, you got better than us, well done! We did manage to get FlyBE to acknowledge that they had provided a poor service in long delays and no food available on the flight, and we got offered £75 each in vouchers against future flights. We'll take them up on that, as we are likely to go skiing again!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well that is something! The only downside is, of course that the whole kerfuffle was caused (I think) by BA getting out of regional services. I will have to drive to Heathrow to use my BA vouchers!

I suspect that it was part of the transition to Flybe that led to our flight being ditched and that might explain BA's reluctance to pick up the bill. It might well have not been their fault as such, but it wasn't ours either!

snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Bish, A result .... at last, well done.

Think you'll find that BA are code-sharing with FlyBe on some ex-BA Connect flights and a couple of new ones) but how long that will last ? I'm afraid your crystal ball is as good as the next man's! BA still have their 'mainline' regional flights operating though. Now how much was that taxi to/from Manchester ? snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Bish,Well done mate, toffee vodka's all round then.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Bish, Glad to hear it's sorted. Spyderman's suggestion works for me Madeye-Smiley Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good to hear you got something back. Since Flybe were given all of BA's regional flights (BA Connect or BACON) plus £130m the first "benefit" is the permanent cancellation of the all year round Manchester and Birmingham daily flights to Lyon and Geneva.

I was informed that as long as they give 14 days notice of a cancellation before you travel then all they have to do is give money back or offer alternative flights from Heathrow or Gatwick.

Having booked Birmingham / Lyon flights back in December for Easter at a bargain price of £69 and then told 3 week before Easter that their cancelled you're well and truly shafted - either use a locally available easyJet etc for around £250 or get yourself down to Heathrow at your own expense - with all the Friday night M25 traffic hassles, expensive parking or ridiculously priced slow train journeys etc etc).

As a lot of flight forums have stated - BA may as well be re-named London Airways and has anyone ever got a really, really cheap flight on Flybe? (including taxes, charges, flight supplement, security surcharge, hold baggage charge, seat reservation, food, ski carriage, credit card charge etc etc etc)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kkev,
Quote:

has anyone ever got a really, really cheap flight on Flybe? (including taxes, charges, flight supplement, security surcharge, hold baggage charge, seat reservation, food, ski carriage, credit card charge etc etc etc)

Actually last year I did, several from Southampton to Berne and back, the most expensive single trip came in at arround £80 the cheapest at a little under £50 all in, this year however the prices were considerably higher which is another reason I've not gone skiing this year Mad
snow conditions
That's not bad, but yeah I've notice how they seem to have crept up this year. The cheapest I've ever managed was on Ryan Air - East Midlands to Grenoble beginning of March this year. £16 return inclusive off all charges (was with hand baggage only, but on the 10kg limit) - think they must have made a loss on this. BA Charge £48 in charges and tax on a "free" Air Miles flight Heathrow to Lyon return.
snow report
Still waiting for our promised expenses. Wondering what to do with the BA vouchers promised. As kkev, points out, it is a bit of a hassle to go to Heathrow to book a more expensive flight.

KLM have some good prices on Opodo at present.

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, are the vouchers specific to yourselves or could you sell them on to a Heathrow/Gatwick snowHead ?
snow report
They have our names on them and they are valid until March next year. They came yesterday. Still no sign of the cheque for the taxi yet.

All this is about the vouchers, by the way. just in case someone posts something about llamas before this gets on and confuses everybody. Llamas last more than a year.

snowHead
ski holidays
Still no llamas in the post. I wish I had got the name of the guy that phoned me. It is only 90 quid, but the principle is what counts.

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish,

They should have his name on the record - call them back.

Can you use the (currently non existent) Llamas to pay for flights for someone else (like as in a gift, you book it but they wll pay you back)?
latest report
I suppose that would involve a name-change.

Maybe we'll take a little trip somewhere!

Will have to see where BA do go for us sticks-dwellers 20 miles from Birmingham.

snowHead
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Checked the number on my mobile and discovered I was called on a mobile. Sent a text and got a reply within minutes. THE LLAMAS ARE ON THEIR WAY.

They are coming from Peru and are flying with Iberia.

Guess BA were waiting for the end of the month before sending a cheque. We all know that end of the month feeling when you have splashed out on something a bit extra, like an airline!

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, excellent news!
ski holidays
The llamas have landed! Cheque arrived in the post today. OK, it is only £96, but justice is done.

I'm flying Easyjet on Saturday...........

snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy