Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LADIES K2 SKI'S TRY THEN BUY ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
[b At the EOSB (VT) , I would like to buy some K2 'S .
I tried them in Jan and loved them ~ BUT ~ I am a novice skier ,have been skiing lots - had lessons - but still pretty rubbish!

The ones I hired were the first K2's for a beginner (cant remember what they were called Puzzled ) LIGHTWEIGHT- GOOD AT TURNING- CONFIDENCE BUILDERS _________ have been advised to go for next ones up, as I "will get better" (ever hopeful!)
What do you think?
1) Can I 'try then buy' in Val Thorens?
2) If not, shall I go for (buy) the intermediate ski even though I loved the beginner ones?
3) or should I wait (god knows for how long) Confused till I get a bit better??

hope to book in for lessons with EASYSKI - which I am told will help me lots

Thanks snowHead 's[/b]

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 2-03-07 16:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Yes - Mrs Hoppo tried K2 Burnin Luvs in Val Thorens, Zenith (at the top of the drag lift in the centre of town) were friendly and helpful although they didn't have the skis available (we turned up late Thursday afternoon!). GoitschelSki in the shopping centre at the top of the town had the skis and also sang "My lovely lady humps" in heavily accented English Toofy Grin Their deal was that you could rent demo skis and they'd knock the rental off the price of the ski if you bought.
2. If you loved the beginners ones then I imagine you'd be happy to buy them, no harm in trying the more advanced ones
3. Having your own skis is great fun, my skiing has got better since I got my own - partly because it takes one variable out of the equation (skis, snow or me) and partly because the skis I bought are probably a bit more advanced than I would have skied in the past. I wish I'd bought skis sooner.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 2-03-07 16:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moon, Mrs Axs upgraded her Rossi Saphirs to Burnin Luvs this year and has found they 'transformed' her skiing. They hold an edge, glide over the powder and cut through the crud so much better than her old ones that she has had a real confidence boost. I can vouch for this as I now struggle to keep up with her Laughing Two of the Axsettes have Lotta Luvs and they both really enjoyed them as well. I'd say hire before you buy, and chose the ones that give you the best feel. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My lovely lady humps"mmmmmmmmmmm interesting ~ will have to check Zenith out ! wink
Good advice Hoppo, AxsMan, thanks .

I think I will try out a few at V.T. and then go for it . Be good to OWN a pr. at last , must work out cheaper too, in the long term.

"ALL THE GEAR NOT MUCH IDEA" LOVE IT THOUGH snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i'm in a similar position to moon, and off to Alpe Huez next week. can anyone recommend where to get try demo skis there?
we get to resort lunchtime (hopefully!!) so i'm knida hoping we can get on the slopes the same day
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy