Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pistepals.com - a new site dedicated to the solo traveller!

Poster: A snowHead
I've set up a new site which addresses the needs of solo travellers by offering a purely dedicated forum for them to arrange groups or find out special offers where they don't have to pay single supplement.

We've currently got an offer on for Les Gets in the next few weeks - no single supplement!! Check it out!

Please bear in mind the site has just been founded in the last couple of days so members are few at the moment. but tell all your pals! It's just the forum that's live at the moment - the front end of the site requires tailoring!

www.pistepals.com/forum

Little Angel

ps all feedback is welcome - if you feel something can be done to improve the site - let me know!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheers, have taken a look and registered as I sometimes find myself able to ski at short notice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmmm... salmon steaks for the main course; designed to satisfy hungry skiiers? I think not!, but thanks anyway.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks fine to me andI have directed my little sis to the site as she's out in Flaine all alone!

Hope it's as successful as it deserves to be.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
timmyo, I'd have thought salmon was pretty filling myself.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
queen_sheba, I will certainly bear this in mind - I've been lucky this year with invites, because I'm newly single after 21 years, so I'm a bit of a charity case, but in case the invites dry up next season, I'll be looking for an alternative. Cheers!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Of course there are some rather useful opportunities for the solo traveller at snowHeads - The Pre Season Bash in Les Deux Alpes, Mid Season Bash in Wengen and End of Season Bash in Val Thorens are ideal for the single skier / boarder because there's always going to be someone suitable to share a room with, someone suitable to ski with and someone available (though perhaps of questionable suitability) to drink with.

queen_sheba, you might like to mention that on your own forum Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin, eagerly awaiting dates of this year's PSB Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
clara_jo, according to http://www.mondialduski.com/ the Mondial du Ski is 3/4/5 November so pencil that weekend (and a few days before it) into the diary.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FenlandSkier, dates must only have been up a few days. I checked last week, because someone wanted me to work then, and it still showed 2006.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, I've been keeping a close eye on it for a while Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FenlandSkier, you and me both then.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FenlandSkier, ah, well when I looked two days ago, I got the impression that those were the 2006 dates for the 2007 products. So I'm waiting for 2007 dates for 2008 products, if you see what I mean. But maybe I got that wrong Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clara_jo, I'm with you on that. If you enter the site, the dates say 2006.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well, I'm sure admin will give us a clicky button to play with when the time comes Smile Just need to negotiate with my ex over those early Nov dates, coz he went away last Nov for 3 weeks, and I want to bagsy them this time!
ski holidays
As it is French half-term week I should thing that will be about right anyway.
snow report
I think you could well be right clara_jo & Elizabeth B, if it was 3/4/5 it would mean Sat/Sun/Mon which doesn't seem right.
latest report
clara_jo wrote:
I've been lucky this year with invites, because I'm newly single after 21 years, so I'm a bit of a charity case, but in case the invites dry up next season, I'll be looking for an alternative. Cheers!

clara_jo, less of the "charity case" if you please - unless you want to be slapped round the face with a wet kipper!!!

PS I'm also waiting for PSB dates Smile Now, what about a summer bash in LDA or Tignes?!
snow report
 brian
brian
FenlandSkier, no I think you're right. In the spiel inside it says:

"D’ailleurs, les plus perspicaces d’entre vous constateront que les dates de ce prochain Mondial du Ski restent inchangées, sauf pour ce qui est du jour de la semaine, à savoir samedi, dimanche et lundi"

The dates of the next Mondial are the same but the days have changed to Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
snow report
eng_ch, Razz not sure first refusal on a luxury chalet place and an invitation to Switzerland for the weekend is what I was referring to here (when do I start pimping your place?!). I'm talking about the people who have said "well, there's still a spare bed in our apartment if you don't get anything fixed up" in a "you weren't on the A list, but we haven't found anyone else" kind of way.
snow report
eng_ch, we're going to LDA in July, and some others were thinking about it.
snow report
brian wrote:
FenlandSkier, no I think you're right.

Printed and framed Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Excellent, thanks Brian. I was clearly not one of the "plus perspicaces". I wanted a statement of the bleedin' obvious Wink

But I have all the knowledge I need for now. When do we start thinking about flights etc.?
ski holidays
clara_jo, thinking about flights now, it's worth having a look round to see what options there are but the lo-cost carriers probably haven't got their timetables out yet. Easyjet for example have only got the summer schedule up which runs to the weekend before we would need.
In the last couple of years we've usually gone out midweek and come back on the sunday, with the dates changing so that it finishes on a monday now that might change things domewhat.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy