Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tesco - Skiwear Sale

Poster: A snowHead
The title says it all really! At larger Tesco stores they're selling off this year's range of skiwear. Sallopettes £18-£20, jackets £20-£25. Lots of ladies gear in fetching shades of powder blue and cream.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Clive wrote:
. Lots of ladies gear in fetching shades of powder blue and cream.

Why do manufacturers always think women want powder blue, or worse, pink Mad

I live in black and in an attempt to lighten up I've been searching for half zip fleeces in red or maybe green (mossy or acid - not pale). I've managed to get 1 orangey kind of colour and that's it!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, if you are looking for jumper style fleeces (rather than coat style) then check out decathlon. They have a range of colours (including red & green) for £7.99
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Elizabeth B,

Thanks for the tip, we don't have one nearby but I'll be in France next weekend so could take a look there
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, I have a few of these from Decathlon now, they wash really well too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, I keep buying them.....evry time I pop in to decathlon I seem to leave with another Embarassed
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just looked online but they don;t have them. I just can't bring myself to go to Lakeside Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, Mens and womens

However you can't buy them online....you can only order them to be delivered to your nearest store for collection rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B,

Nooooo - I just can't do it.....Pleeeese don't make me Shocked Shocked Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, Dare2Be do some nice fleeces in decent colours. There's an agricultural/horsey merchants place that does them fairly cheaply - the kids ones I bought were only £7.95 and pretty stylish too.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
petemillis,

thanks
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Blacks have a sale on at the moment and had a couple of cheap green fleeces in Meadowhell yesterday.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Elizabeth B,

that's where I got the orange one, must admit I bought a black one as well.

You heard Blacks are closing 45 branches (inc Milletts)? I hope they don't close chelmsford.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, we were in Blacks in Durham and they had some excellent bargains - had to stop snowbird buying things she didnt need.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For the pricely sum of £40 my GF has just bought a jacket, sallopettes, gloves and fleecy hat from Tesco in Stoke-on-Trent! Not the best in terms of quality but more than adequate for late season skiing when temperatures aren't 15 below.

p.s. holidayloverxx, without any prompting from me, she immediately went for the powder blue/cream combination with matching gloves and hat. She looks like Barbie on skis (but don't tell her I said so)
snow report
Clive,

That means she is a proper "girlie" friend, where I tend towards the dark side (Mr HL calls me the wicked witch of the North) Twisted Evil
snow report
Clive, I suspect the gear will be fit for purpose in most conditions the average skier is likely to encounter. You could pay twice that money for a pair of fancy gloves but the bargain basement section of the market is quite interesting now that C&A have stopped trading in the UK.

I was in Blacks in Holborn on Friday but the place was too crowded - up to 70% off but I did not see anything I wanted. I had hoped Icebreaker stuff would be discounted.
ski holidays
Quote:

I had hoped Icebreaker stuff would be discounted.

Hope springs eternal! Saw some of the Tesco men's jackets in our local (Chichester) store yesterday. They looked very good for the price, now £25, and perfectly acceptable colours, but only a few oddments. My OH already has 3 jackets, bought in TK Maxx, Decathlon and ex-hire from Filarinski, all still in good condition and didn't think he could justify another one. I have spent much of the last 3 seasons, which included some very cold spells, several weeks of minus 15, in a Trespass jacket which was £50 in T K Maxx. It is very comfortable and the pockets just right for the tat I carry around. I confess to having bought a new Eider jacket in the sale in Go Sport in Annemasse at the beginning of February. I fancied a change and it was around 100 euros, 180 for both the jacket and trousers, I think. If people want to spend £400 on a jacket, that's fine, but they shouldn't kid themselves it's "essential for the conditions". I can imagine that in the extreme cold of some N. American resorts you need something very special, but not for most of us for Europe.
latest report
T K Maxx is a difficult one. It is a real tip of a place. So I never go in there. I never go to car boot sales either. Life is too short.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:

Why do manufacturers always think women want powder blue, or worse, pink Mad

Yes, well it isn't confined to skiing either. I'm fed up of having to get powder blue/pink trainers (for running/aerobics), and powder blue/pink cycling wear too. Even the skis are getting suspiciously pink/powder blue in tendency, with flowery patterns (YUK).

I like strong colours - orange, red and purple, but few manufacturers will take the risk with ladies skiwear. I have an even more limited choice than most thanks to my size (8 top, 6 bottoms).
snow conditions
docsquid,
Quote:
I have an even more limited choice than most thanks to my size (8 top, 6 bottoms).

6 bottoms eh? Love to see your loo seat!
snow conditions
I don't know what's happened to me - if I don't tell myself off I could really easily buy every fancy looking performance jacket and sallies, and gloves that I see, even though I only get to the slopes one week a year - does it happen to everyone?
snow report
docsquid,

Oh to have such limitations Sad seriously though I imagine most ranges don't cover those small sizes so you end up having to take what you can get. Mind you when I squeeze myself into my (black) cycling gear I'm convinced the manufacturers have no idea what a 14/12 actually is.

megamum,

now is the moment I have to admit falling into the "Spyder"s web. I spent so much on a (black) jacket and salopettes that I can never buy any new gear ever again Shocked

I'm admitting this now so I don't have to deal with the sniggers at the EoSB Evil or Very Mad
snow report
holidayloverxx,
Quote:

I have to admit falling into the "Spyder"s web. I spent so much on a (black) jacket and salopettes

What did you buy?
snow conditions
Spyderman,

Jacket and Salopettes - not sure what type (Ruby maybe?). Then that led to the inevitable requirement for a furry hat, and other accoutrements. rolling eyes

and no, I'm not an easy mark - my last lot of gear lasted nearly 10 years, saw me - literally - through thick and thin. I had to have inserts put into the salopettes once, then I had to sew myself into them when the zip burst Embarassed , then I had to have them taken in. The Spyder gear is an attempt to maintain weight loss - it cost too much to put weight back on.
snow conditions
Latchigo, I agree it's a tip. Depends on what you regard as the opportunity cost of your time. You can disregard 90% of the jackets immediately, look at a few more closely. Say, three-quarters of an hour to save £150. If you can make more than £200 an hour you don't need to bother.
ski holidays
Latchigo,

TK Maxx in Chelmsford put all the ski gear at the front of the store so you don't have to venture too far in........
snow report
holidayloverxx, I agree, the manufacturers are pretty poor at sizing too!

Megamum, you too! I can't resist bling ski gear. However I am lucky that my size means I rarely find anything to fit. I justify buying things like Icebreaker mid layers on the grounds that I wear them cycling and hiking and running too. Can't do the same for jackets and trousers, although the gloves come in handy for cycling and walking when it is really cold.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy