Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whatever would Kevin McClean say?

Poster: A snowHead
I've booked a trip to Meribel - 6th March for a week.

Feeble excuses:
1. Travelling on my own & not much choice when going for single rooms.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 18-02-04 12:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't believe I missed discussing the 3 valleys with Kevin!! Did he not rate Mont du Vallon in Meribel? And what about all the great off-piste in Courchevel and Val Thorens!! I'd probably have ended up buying him the off-piste guide to the 3 valleys! - which by the way is back in print now.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it was the social aspect that got Kevin's goat, particularly Meribel being over-run with Brits.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where is Kevin anyway? I haven't seen his name for ages.... or is he now someone else?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe he always was...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought that. I emailed someone called Kevin McClean, who expressed an interest in skiing, and I'm fairly confident it was "our Kevin", but no response as yet Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK, so I haven't posted on SCGB for a year or two, so, pardon the JONGesque question, but who the feck is Kevin McLean?
Is he as mythical as Sir Jef Wickes of Cirencester?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As mythical, but not as abusive Very Happy .

Kevin McClean was our "social conscience" on the SCGB site and also regularly "lit the fires" of contentious debate. Sorely missed......unless he's already here and keeping things moderate under an assumed identity.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Corrected his name on the thread title Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JWAZ is far more fun than SCGB
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JWOT? Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK - I am very lost now.... who is Sir Jef, JWAZ etc?!?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jef is a "competent" skier who has witnessed a 13ft dump in Chatel and now is head pastry chef at McDonalds, Cirencester.
In terms of skiing and the internet, he is the godfather, to the point that he has his own web page on another site.

I think that's about all I can safely say about him.
One day I hope to meet him.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Has he still got a dicky knee? He was always pretty adamant about that 13ft dump wasn't he?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That sounds like that must have been one HELL of a curry, WTFH. Wouldn't that cause serious problems in the "hole" style lavatories they have in such resorts?
latest report
Without knowing the chap, a quick "I'm Feeling Lucky" on the guy returns the follow page. I think it's fair to say that the fellow does not seem to curry favour...

http://www.bestandworst.com/pages/vote/vote-6217.html
snow conditions
And that's why there is JWAZ - the Jef Wickes Abuse Zone!
ski holidays
And you're looking to have a trip in his honour, without inviting him?
ski holidays
Shocked WOW, aclaim indeed Exclamation
ski holidays
Thank you - all clear now!
snow conditions
Matsopa, What a great site, shame I didn't see a SCGB poll. Amazing that the hairy @rsed monkey has a poll dedicated to him. That has got to be a post on JWAZ, you'll find some snowheads also posting there but only Where the Fox Shat and Masque as names you'd recognise, apart from the blessed JW.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy