Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prescription googles - cost of.....?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
docsquid wrote:
ssh, I know what you mean about restricted visual field, and it affects me when cycling too. Unfortunately I can't wear contacts of any description, so only have the insert option left to me. The good thing is that you can get varifocal inserts, which you can't get for contacts. As I've had cataracts removed in both eyes, I can't focus without such lenses, and this is important when trying to catch a T-bar that is rapidly approaching!
The Rudys that I have work really well for this, since they are close enough to my eyes when I'm wearing them, so the visual field is pretty wide. FWIW...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, I have followed this thread as hubby really wants some prescription goggles, but I'm not sure that I'm any nearer finding him any yet.

I'm a contact lens wearer, same problems as some of you others, allergic to the solutions, suffered in the past with not enough oxygen, so I use the thinnest daily disposable that specsavers do, and use glasses to travel and in the evenings, but the dailies for skiing, and also at work as I find that varifocals and computer screens don't mix too well. I have 20 pairs a month at £16 a month, it doesn't really break the bank, I pay for them by feeding the kids only pasta and sugo sauce every night when we are away skiing, and giving them only £1 a day for dinner money at school, so I get slim and healthy kids as well as the lenses wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, docsquid, I also can't wear contacts. I wear the Addidas sunglasses with insert and have found them very good for most conditions - not so good in really windy weather but I get by.

I don't have any problems wearing them with a helmet.

snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Folks, an update - I am sitting here wearing a trial pair of daily disposable contact lenses - the optician has said that I can see how my eyes fair with them. Its a little odd because they are seeing if I can get away without having the astigmatism corrected for short term use, but apparently I can see well enough with these ones to be able to drive.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought that I would report back that I've gone down the route of a box of disposable contact lenses. The lady at Boots has said that if I behave myself I can have a box for high days and holidays, and providing I give my eyes a rest afterwards I can use them for a week or so at a time on a skiing holiday providing I only put them in just before I need them and take them out immediately I've finished for the afternoon. I have astigmatism in both eyes and trialled some with no correction for that, but missed the standard of sight so much that I've taken the plunge and had lenses with the correction in both eyes (£52.50 for 30 pairs!! Shocked ) - don't tell megadad!! If anyone knows where I might get a better deal on line in the future now I know the prescription then please let me know!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy