Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Metron question for Spyderjon or anyone else!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've managed to get a pair of M11 B5's with Neox 412 bindings on a deal from Snow and Rock for £340.

They have two lengths there 164 and 170.

Bearing in mind I'm in between the two on the Metron index, what do you think?

Ideally I'd like to try both and see but can't do that in Didsbury!

I'm off to Whistler next week but can't find anyone who sells them there.

What do you think?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've heard that you're always meant to go smaller in that scenario, but I could be wrong.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jack Hallam, that's a good price as Two Seasons in Nottm have only dropped there's to £375.

Whilst Chizz5056 is correct re going shorter if you're a tweener on the chart, this is the one ski in the range when I would be happy not to follow that rule as this Metron has a far larger turning radius than all the others. The reason that the shorter length is usually recommended is that why want a turny ski & then buy a long length?

If I recall you're about 5'8" & 15st, right? I'm basically the same stats & had no problem with bending the 170cm so the criteria I'd use for my selection would be the amount off-piste I plan on doing. If you're mainly a piste merchant then go short but if you're really wanting to do more off-piste then go with the 170cm.

BTW, my new Atomic Nomad Crimson's arrived today & they're beauties Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, Where did you get the crimson's from. I think I might get a pair of them as well. My wife has size 5 feet and I'm an 8 so with the Neox binding they will be interchangeable. What price did you get?

Anyway, right at the last minute you announce you're buying the Crimson's!

Do you still think the M11 B5's are the right one's for me or is this just one-upmanship, and shall I wait until July to tell you I have the '08 M11's on order!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jack Hallam, re my Crimson's: I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you wink

I've PM'd you.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jack Hallam wrote:
I've managed to get a pair of M11 B5's with Neox 412 bindings on a deal from Snow and Rock for £340.

Lockwoods have them (M11-B5) on sale at £280, not sure if that's with bindings though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bought the 170's from Snow and Rock with Neox 412's. They had a scratch underneath as they had been displayed for quite a while and I got a full 20% off. So worked out at £320!

Not bad but I'm wondering whether 170 might be too long. No idea why as my X-screams are 189 but there you go.

spyderjon, Watch this space may be a deal to do with someone who owns some Crimson's!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jack Hallam, I've £250's sitting here waiting for the call wink

The 170's wille be fine. Have a great time in Whistler.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderjon,

I'm after a pair of blackeye or crimsons, Wher Can I get a pair?
Are there any rules on sizing these, I'm moving from an SXB5 which I skied @156cm?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bob, I'm not aware of any sizing rules like the Metrons & I got an 07/08 dealer catalogue & there's nothing in there. I've got SX:B5's in 166 & I've gone for a 176 Crimson (I'm 5'9" & 15st). I haven't skied them yet (next trip is March 17th) the Atomic factory recommended the 176's for me, especially as my old 162cm B5's & 175cm M:EX's were spot on for me.

I'm told that the Nomad range isn't available in the UK & Europe until the Autumn so the only way to get them is to buy from the US - the problem being that even with the current strong pound you'll still pay over the odds versus waiting & buying from the UK. I think the Crimson's list price will be a tad under £500 when launched but it's $1000 in the US. At $1.90/£1 that's £526 then there's shipping, VAT, Duty & the Entry Charge so you won't get much change from £650! So unless you're already going to the US & can buy them there you'll be better off waiting - & then probably buying in Europe from someone like Sport Conrad etc.

If you're feeling flush & want some from the States then contact Jim at http://www.sierrasnowboard.com who supply all the Atomic owners on epicski.

BTW the Crimson's look great but the Blackeye's black & chrome looks Cool.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The 170 is a nice ski, but does ski short. Err on the long side id you can.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy