Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

9-16 Feb 2008 - 6 adults, 7 children (6-13yo). Pimp me your chalet!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am looking to book a holiday for 13 people, comprised of three families, for our half-term 2008 (Sat 9 Feb to Sun 17 Feb - Sat or Sun transfers).

My ideal location has high-altitude, doorstep skiing. There is also a ski-school close by, that will allow me to book my three children in for morning lessons, and supervise them for lunch. This last part is particularly important - no go if you can't offer this, sorry. There will be some nice easy runs close to the chalet that we can ski as a complete group (it will be my youngest daughter's second week on skis).

I know that transfers are a hassle, so if you offer a transfer service, so much the better If it is a short transfer, better still

Family one: myself, my wife, my ten-year-old son, my seven-year-old daughter, my six-year-old daughter
Family two: our friends, their ten- and seven-year old sons
Family three: more friends, their fourteen- and twelve-year-old sons

I am particularly interested in chalets in the Dolomiti Superski area, but will look at others too. I will also consider self-catering apartments/chalets.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 1-03-07 10:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TallTone, you want a chalet specifically?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, sorry, missed your post. A chalet is preferred but we'll look at self-catering. Will take a look at your apartments.

Also now looking at a group of 13 - 6 adults, 7 children (6-13) (will update title!)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TallTone, www.ernalow.co.uk or www.mountainheaven.co.uk or if you want to go catered www.traxvacs.co.uk Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boredsurfin, David is already in my thoughts... I met him at La Ros this year and he seems a very nice chap! (Though I know that certain other users in this forum would disagree!) Thanks for the other links though Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I enlisted help from my Italian friends to try and locate catered chalets in Italy TallTone. They had never heard of such a thing despite being regular skiers. I found there to be very little in the way of catered chalets in Italy if you are looking independently but good luck! There seems to be a few chalet companies/tour operators that offer them but not a lot! Loads of nice hotels in the Dolomites. Good luck

I'm just back from taking five families to La Thuile with chilren off ages from 3 to 11. We found it to be good with a decnt hotel and teh apartemnst are meant to be OK too. Ski school was disappointing but booked in advance I expect you could have nore luck. I could suggest you try Mark at www.bluski.com - he was very helpful. Not sure if he can organise catered chalets though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
aidancostello, thanks. This was pretty much the conclusion I came to and have in the end booked in Serre Chevalier. Am hopeful to get to the Dolomites one way or another at some point though...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TallTone, Loved the Dolomites - hope to get back there myself some time. Enjoy your trip to Serre C.

Apologies for the number of typos in previous post btw!

cheers
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy