Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tell me all about Nevis Range Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am off to Bonnie Scotland on St Paddy's Day and have set my sights on Nevis Range.

What runs can you normally depend on being open. Will probably get 2 full days skiing in. What can I expect. Only other Scottish resort I have skied was The Lecht.

If I get the chance I'd also love to ski Glencoe.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not come over to http://www.winterhighland.info as you'll get much more info there. I'm afraid I can't help with Nevis as I've never skiied there, but I can give info on Glenshhe lecht or Cairngorm if you decied to go to any of those resorts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy,
Wasn't at Nevis today but take a look at these photos from today of the back corries
They are from Mark's website (the bloke who builds the terrain park)
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Summit_Park_Forum/index.php?s=855386e28ef6c419d5ee7ed2c9546fe2&showtopic=123&st=0&#entry11262114

The best chairlift in Scotland bar none Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Busy day huh! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
II,

Looks brill. Lets hope these depressions bring more snow Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
view from the bottom of the Goose today snowHead

Not my photo as I'm ill and missed today Evil or Very Mad but hope to be skiing again in a week or so Puzzled
The top bit does look quite steep from this photo wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
II,

Looks busy wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On the "looks busy" note.

Are the operating costs of the runing of the ski centres, i.e. electricity, wages, equipment and maintenance subsidised by the Govt (either one, scottish or british)?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
killian,
No, and they have to pay VAT
PS you missed off diesel for the lifts Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 brian
brian
johnboy, you can bank on the summit runs and the upper goose (goose, sidewinder, inside edge, etc.), the way things have gone this year I think they'll have an excellent base. Lower down hasn't been open much but the runs under the chair are quite grassy and don't take as much snow to be skiable so by the time you arrive you never know ....

When it's open top to bottom you have 2000 ft of vertical, and the views over to Ben Nevis and over Loch Linnhe and Loch Eil are beautiful.

There's been quite a bit of snow this week and more is forecast next week. Unfortunately there's also a pretty horrible lump of warm rain coming through at the weekend so just keep your fingers crossed that damage is minimal.

From II's pic above, it looks like the back coire is well loaded. This area is fantastic but is fairly serious skiing. It's ungroomed and the routes in and out aren't amazingly obvious. Also it's a 40 degree or so coire headwall above the chairlift so the avvy risk can be considerable (there will be warning signs at the top of the summit tow if this is the case). The ski patrol are a pretty helpful bunch, they have a hut at the summit so you can pop in and they'll tell you what's what.

My favourite place to ski in Scotland, in fact I've had some of my best days ever up there. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy