Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

usa/canada, which resort advice

Poster: A snowHead
would like some advice please on where to book for next year. looking for something with lots variety, fairly long runs, good snow record, value for money etc etc etc
many thanks for all advice
graeme Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Five to get you started:

Big Sky, Montana
Whistler, BC
Snowbird, Utah
Canyons, Utah
Winter Park, Colorado
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd go for Banff, with that criteria, with the three ski areas of Sunshine, Lake Louise and Norquay providing lots of variety. Assuming they sort out their ski bus service for next year, that is rolling eyes . Winter is their low season so you tend to get good hotel deals. Sunshine has a very good snow record, such that they don't have any snowmaking facilities.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Combined a trip to Mammoth, California with a trip to Las Vegas last year. Amazing. Loads of varied runs, great snow etc (not in vegas wink )
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hmmm i was already thinking winter park, looks like a nice resort, anyone been??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
graeme,

I can vouch for Sunshine and Lake Louise as well.

Thinking of a North American trip this December. I know Alberta is 100% snow sure but would like to try somewhere else.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
graeme, Winter Park = short transfer, great skiing, good apres events, rubbish nightlife
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
graeme, I'll second Banff, but western N.American resorts which don't meet you requirements will be the exceptions.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah I'd suggest Banff as well. The best thing about this region is you have so much variety in such a close vacinity. Kicking Horse is only 2 hours away as well which is awesome if you're after big large bowls and long runs. Just to clarify Sunshine Villiage doesn't use Snow making facilities as they don't have any water on mountain to access. haha They would like you to believe as it's becuase they have big dumps but if they had the access to the water they would unfortunatly be using ice makers as well snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
graeme wrote:
hmmm i was already thinking winter park, looks like a nice resort, anyone been??

Yup. Had a season pass for it for 3 years. Good resort, a good variety of skiing. Nightlife is quiet, but if after skiing the pow & bumps all day, I was more interested in sitting in a hot tub and having a beer than going out partying.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Graeme, Just came back from a week in WP (it snowed every day! Very Happy and has the best snow record in Colorado). Had a condo with friends at the Iron Horse Resort, very comfortable, and great ski-ing. Followed that up with a second week at Copper Mountain (condo again), which we all probally enjoyed even more! Add to this WP is only 1 and 1/2 hours transfer from Denver (Copper is 1 hour from WP, you cross the Continental Divide, fantastic scenery), and the GREAT exchange rate, I would say it's definately worth looking at. Neither of these resorts have terrific night life, but I'm with Wear The Fox Hat on this one and a few beers and a meal does me fine. Like others on this post , I would also vouch for Banff.

Cathy, Has there been a problem this year with the Banff bus service this year? Puzzled We were there last year (Caribou Lodge), and found it an excellent service, very punctual and comfortable.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 28-02-07 10:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cathy, Sorry, just seen your post and agree this proposal would certainly affect things.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat,

How do you ever get any work done? wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnboy, I multitask. (oh, and I arrive in the office shortly after 8am, and leave around 6.30pm, and don't take too many breaks)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wear The Fox Hat,

I meant if you had a season pass 3 years in a row?
snow report
johnboy wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat,

I meant if you had a season pass 3 years in a row?

Ah, well, ...
...it was cheaper to buy a season pass for WP at $199, than it was to buy 2 weeks of passes.
And you get discounts in the resort.

So, 100GBP for a season pass isn't too bad, is it?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat,

Why the hell was it so cheap??
ski holidays
johnboy, well, if you have 3 friends, they did a thing called the "Buddy Pass" - you bought them in September, order 4, pay $800ish, and you get 4 season passes.
Not sure if they still do them though, but if you were thinking of going, it's worth looking into.
latest report
johnboy, You can get a really cheap season pass if you order early enough on the internet.
latest report
well winter park seems to be ticking all the boxes for me so far, thanks for all the info so far
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy