Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Ski-ing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Can anyone recommend a resort for summer skiing? (Europe only, as we will be driving in our Motorhome)
I've been searching the interenet and found Les deux alpes.
When is the best month to go? Is it posible in June? Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DJLPURPLE, Welcome to snowHead

Easiski is a 'resident' instructor in L2A . You can pm her if you have worked out how .. but I suspect she will find this thread and answer when she finishes instructing / playing in the snow later today. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DJLPURPLE, up until mid June the Austrian glaciers are good. I would recommend Hintertux or Stubai. Normally you can ski down to the middle station in Hintertux up until end of May. Same goes for Stubai. This year the snow cover has been a bit thin (!) so maybe won't last as well through the spring, although we usually do get a lot of fresh snow up high in April so things may look up yet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DJLPURPLE, I think Saas-Fee is open from the beginning of July and Zermatt is said to offer year-round skiing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Kaprun too. The Kitzsteinhorn

Kersh
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DJLPURPLE, We will open in the middle of June and conditions are normally pretty good then. there's a motorhome park place at the entrance to town, but it's very basic. If you want nice showers and leccy you can stay at the campsite in Venosc and come up by gondola every day. Alternatively you can stay at the Caravanneige at Le Freney d'Oisans which has all facilities. It's about a 30 minute drive from there to LDA.

Summer skiing is brilliant - I don't know if I deleted my shots from last summer to create space, but checkout my pix on the SnowmediaZone to find out. We could ski down to 2,600 at the beginning of the summer season in 2006 (about 2 years out of 3), but it was officially closed - absolutely aOK though.

If you want any more info checkout the LDA tourist office website www.les2alpes.com my website, see below, or the lift company website www.2alpes.com. All have lots of info. Very Happy Very Happy Any specific info after that PM me.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DJLPURPLE, Last year I was in Hintertux until 31st May and it was still snowing (and it carried on the following week) and there was loads open (40+ km). Hintertux boasts 365 days skiing a year.

If you are in a motorhome you could do a tour of all the glaciers over a couple of weeks Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy