Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Posh Chalets

Poster: A snowHead
Do they exist?

I'm not talking the Courcheval or Val D eight star jobs at £1K per person per week, more kind of yer normal chalet but without headless cats wandering around outside.

All rooms of a similar size, ski in/out would be good and a hot tub could be sweet.

Capable of taking about 30 odd people would hit the mark too.

Know of any? Confused
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marc gledhill, Where, when and more on what you require rather than POSH please rolling eyes Very Happy snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
30 odd, all of them are strange? You may struggle there then. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We did a last minute holiday, sans kids, with Le Ski in Courchevel 1650. Smaller than you want, and no hot tub, but very good position beside a piste, excellent food, capable hosts. Rooms with en suite. It wasn't perfect. Room lacked basic storage items such as hooks on the back of the door, a few extra shelves; I can't think why chalet owners don't do those low cost things to make life easier. Not super expensive at all, and good value. Some of those chalets are a lot more than £1K a person, by the way. You could try Le Ski. We haven't been back since, but that's because that was the year we accidentally bought a ski apartment....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Capable of taking about odd people ..........

l'Oxyalis in Val Thorens wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
marc gledhill, How did you get on in Oree des Cimes?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This one in Verbier posh enough? http://www.skiverbier.com/index/312/1
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marc gledhill wrote:
Do they exist?

I'm not talking the Courcheval or Val D eight star jobs at £1K per person per week, more kind of yer normal chalet but without headless cats wandering around outside.

All rooms of a similar size, ski in/out would be good and a hot tub could be sweet.

Capable of taking about 30 odd people would hit the mark too.

Know of any? Confused

30 odd people- these are called hotels wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marc gledhill, we've stayed here in Morzine three times, although not for a few years. They call it a chalet, although it's really a hotel, but very homely. The food was gorgeous - Michelin starred allegedly. Heated outdoor swimming pool too. And a pub called 'le garage' underneath that had live music regularly. Actually, looking at the website I'd like to go back again soon. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you pay cheap, you're probably gonna end up with a pikey chalet.

However, you can likely negotiate a good discount with that many punters. Or get a free place or two.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
marc gledhill, Where, when and more on what you require rather than POSH please rolling eyes Very Happy snowHead

Where, not too bothered myself. But there's a mixed bag of ability in that group.

When, half term next year Sad

More, decent sized rooms for all and near the snow is the priority I think.

I haven't made any preconceptions on purpose.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LIAMJ, just the job. At £600 pppw I'll have it wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kermit wrote:

We're a stalkers convention.

Where do you live again?

wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
RachelQ, That looks promising too.

Do they still get snow in Morzine from time to time? snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marc gledhill wrote:
yer normal chalet but without headless cats wandering around outside

Headless cats? Shocked Puzzled
snow conditions
marc gledhill wrote:
kermit wrote:

wink

Could have been worse - could have been lawyers Shocked
ski holidays
TallTone wrote:
marc gledhill wrote:
yer normal chalet but without headless cats wandering around outside

Headless cats? Shocked Puzzled

Presumably coz there's no room to swing one, so attempt it and said feline is decapitated
latest report
Agenterre wrote:
marc gledhill wrote:
kermit wrote:

wink

Could have been worse - could have been lawyers Shocked

Skullie Mad Skullie Skullie
latest report
TallTone, Laughing as in "there wasn't room to swing a cat"

Oh yeah, as eng_ch, kindly pointed out Embarassed

Agenterre, I've got me eye on you fella. Twisted Evil
latest report
marc gledhill, I'd suggest checking out Descent Internationals brochure.....but good luck on finding anywhere on that week, and hope you have a friendly mortgage advisor, 'cause you'll need a second one to pay for it....
snow conditions
marc gledhill, there's a nice Skiworld one in Les Arcs.
latest report
marc gledhill wrote:
Oh yeah, as eng_ch, kindly pointed out Embarassed

You were the one to raise the issue ! Smile
latest report
Agenterre, Could have been worse - could have been lawyers

A bit unfair on my profession, estate agents and accountants probably fit the bill better ......
latest report
Estate agents, recruitment consultants, car salesmen and store managers are at the bottom of the job pile. They would be the worstcase scenario.
snow report
Whitegold, and lawyers?? (or are you a lawyer)?
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

lawyers are lovely though my professional aspiration is to be a ski bum
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:

No, I am not a lawyer. Like accountancy, it is a staggeringly dull and tedious profession. But I respect their tendency to train hard and work hard. They don't just roll up to an empty shop, stick a WN Kerr Recruitment sign outside, then proceed to blag their way through life.
ski holidays
Had some bad experiences when looking for work then Whitegold,
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guvnor wrote:
Had some bad experiences when looking for work then Whitegold,

Not at all. I find recruitment consultants, estate agents and car salesmen sometimes useful. But that doesn't stop them being losers.
latest report
And what exactly is your career Whitegold ?
snow conditions
Anchovy: No! No! No! You don't understand. I've been a chartered accountant for the last twenty years. I want a new job. Something exciting that will let me live.

counselor: Well chartered accountancy is rather exciting isn't it?

Anchovy: Exciting? No it's not. It's dull. Dull. Dull. My God it's dull, it's so desperately dull and tedious and stuffy and boring and des-per-ate-ly DULL.

counselor: Well, er, yes Mr Anchovy, but you see your report here says that you are an extremely dull person. You see, our experts describe you as an appallingly dull fellow, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humour, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful. And w/hereas in most professions these would be considerable drawbacks, in chartered accountancy they are a positive boon.

Anchovy: But don't you see, I came here to find a new job, a new life, a new meaning to my existence. Can't you help me?

counselor: Well, do you have any idea of what you want to do?

Anchovy: Yes, yes I have.

counselor: What?

Anchovy: (boldly) Lion taming.
latest report
You might want to consider something like the Totem in Flaine - it was formerly a hotel but is run on chalet board basis with tea and cakes available after skiing, one night off per week etc. Room size were more than adequate, and it's right on the slopes. There's a bar in the building, kids club / creche thingie for the wee ones etc but no pool - although there is one not too far away across the plaza I think?

THe Curling in Val Thorens is run on the same basis I believe
snow conditions
nbt, are you plugging TUI because you work for them or what?
ski holidays
Nope, I build websites for a living. Ijust happened to have enjoyed my trip to the Totem.
latest report
30 is a tricky one for a luxury chalet. especially under £1k. as others have send you will end up with a chalet hotel and in my experience they don't have decent sized rooms at a lowish price. why not try and get 2 next to each other?

all in meribel, but these people are excellent:

http://www.skicuisine.co.uk/pages/index.html

so are these:

http://www.skichaletsmeribel.co.uk/

supertravel also do some good chalet hotels:

http://www.supertravel.co.uk/SkiDefault.asp
latest report
Try:

Ski Miquel's Bel Alpe in Alpe d'Huez - ski in/out, sleeps 30 to 40 I think.
First Choice ChaletHotel La Meije in 2Alpes - 18 bedrooms (vary a lot in size though), 5 mins from main lift
SkiVal ChaletHotel le Chamois d'Or in Val d'Isere - ski out, and back in again if you're a bit of a nutter. Sleeps about 50, so you'd be sharing with others.

None of them fits the bill precisely, but most 'chalets' that size were built as hotels and are older buildings, hence smallish rooms and lack of hot tubs/on-piste location.
snow report
marc gledhill, you could have a look here for large chalets
http://www.skichalets.co.uk/
snow conditions
Rowley B QC wrote:
Agenterre, Could have been worse - could have been lawyers

A bit unfair on my profession, estate agents and accountants probably fit the bill better ......

Apologies, my comment was totally focused on Marc who confesses on occasion to be a lawyer ( might be drink talking though!) . However he is also rumoured to be setting up his own 'Mechanical winding spring' company so it was just a little bit of fun.

It is very dangerous to play 'in-jokes' on a general community, and I apologise again.... even if the cap fits Toofy Grin

PS - I started life as an accountant ... but I grew up. You?? snowHead Toofy Grin
latest report
Agenterre, I was once told that Actuary's are Chartered Accountants who found accountancy far too exciting Laughing
snow report
This place sleeps over 40, near the lifts, very good food, nice people run it: http://www.chillypowder.com/coin%20du%20feu.htm

It's in les Prodains, so skiing in Morzine if it has snow, Avoriaz if it doesn't.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy