Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

drifting left?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey just incase it helps I have a '07 Burton Custom and flow bindings. Anyways theres this one spot that I kept going through when I was snowboarding and theres a steep slope right before it and then it sharply turns to the left so you have to go down at it at an angle. The problem is the longgggg pretty much flat section after that. I make sure to get all the speed I can and don't slow down before I get onto the flat are but the problem is if I have my board down as in with my heal flat just standing and going through I am always drifting slightly to the left so I have to be constantly turning a little bit to the right so I'm going with my board at a slight angle which slows me down so much so that I always stop at the end of that are and have to unstrap a foot to push like 5 feet ahead. Does anyone know why this happens?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sounds like you're twisting your shoulders and dragging your rear foot around. The other possibility is your foot balance is too much on your heel putting weight into your heel-side edge and that'll drift you left. If your board's flat and your weight is in your lead leg and passing into the centreline, your board will track true. Try knocking your highbacks forward a notch or two to stop you standing on your heels.

edit: check that your feet are equally balanced over the board centreline when you're clipped in. Boots and bindings may have your feet and body mass too far on the heel-side.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think I'm standing on my heels too much at least not then because if I start to relax more and shift my weight from my toes (thats where it all was since I just came out of a fast right turn) Then I start going way too much to the left towards the trees so the hole time my weight is mostly on my toes. I tried keeping my weight on my front foot and that didn't seem to make a difference. I don't know about the stuff in your edit.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BlazeOnTheLifts, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Elizabeth B, BlazeOnTheLifts, Mea Culpa Embarassed my excuse for my rudeness was a late night and a caffeine jag. Welcome to the asylum
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
for me it sounds like masque has suggested, either you're twisting your shoulders so the top of your body is straight to the direction you're going or your boots/bindings are not centred. I changed my bindings a week or 2 ago and ended up with a load of heel hanging over the edge, took a good slam from that also. I take it you stand regular?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey thanks for the welcomes. I guess it could partly be my shoulders. Can you explain to me more about bindings not being centered. How can I tell?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BlazeOnTheLifts, Ummm . . . look at your feet? wink

Assuming your feet in your boots are are pretty much held evenly in them, clip in and see if the boots are central over the board. If your heels are sticking out over the edge you may have your Flows tightened down too far and not getting your foot over the board centre-line. On my Pro Amp 4s I can adjust my hi-back forward to compensate.
If you're certain that you'rre not twisting and you feel centred over the board it is a straightforward physics problem . . . there's weight going into your heel-side. But as a double check, get a mate to vid you so you can check your stance etc. What we think we're doing is not necessarily what we really are wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
if you have a burton board then you're using the 3 hole plates with the flow bindings, if I remember right you don't have any adjustment then like you do with a slotted 4 hole plate.
Like masque said, put the boots in the bindings then look from the bottom of the board, do they look centred, ie equal toe and heel poking over the edges. I don't know flow bindings so you have to listen to masque for that part Smile

What are your binding angles?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BlazeOnTheLifts, welcome to snowheads. I'd like to add something to help you but Masque, has already said everything I would. The tip with a video is a good one, pretty easy these days as every digital camera can shoot film. It can be quite sobering to watch yourself back and realise that you don't look anything like hiw you think you do.

As a completely different way of looking at it you don't really want your board to be flat anyway, there's les friction if you keep it on an edge on the flat although you should still be able to point it straight.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah I've tried staying with my right edge down so I was turning slightly right so then I'm going straight but I'm going forward at an angle so it's slowing me down.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BlazeOnTheLifts wrote:
Can you explain to me more about bindings not being centered. How can I tell?

Dude, this site might help http://www.cs.uu.nl/~daan/snow/stance.html
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So would I be able to center myself (if I'm not centered) by adjusting the heel part instead of moving my bindings?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BlazeOnTheLifts, It depends on the Flows you have, but the majority are able to move the position of the straps and the highback in relation to the base that's bolted to the board.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah when I look at the bottom of my board it looks like the heel of my right (back) foot but the other ones fine and if I move the back binding forward and switch to the next screw things would I have to do that with my other one or is it okay to have them different. Don't know if I described that right but it makes sense to me.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy