Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Of poles and baskets

Poster: A snowHead
I find myself in the fortunate position of having two sets of poles. Scott Response (130) and K2 4 speed (125 which are actually 127cm as they're 50" in imperial).
Both sets have tiny little baskets for hard snow but I'm wondering if I could get larger baskets for one set.
The K2 baskets come off fairly easily with a bit of a tug.

Does anyone know if larger baskets are available for K2 4 speeds?
Also for skiing in powder, does a longer or shorter pole make any difference?

I'd be grateful for any comments or ideas you might have.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shops in ski resorts often have a big box full of random baskets. Big - small - coloured (perhaps shops in the colonies also have them colored) - all sorts of baskets. I have bought replacements for lost or broken baskets for a small cost. The shop should be able to advise you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hellfiresliding, baskets tend to be standard sized (since most metal poles are made in one of a couple of factories, then given the appropriate paint job). The last set of powder baskets I bought, I got in Decathlon in the summer for about 5 Euro.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hellfiresliding wrote:

Also for skiing in powder, does a longer or shorter pole make any difference?

I'd be grateful for any comments or ideas you might have.

Shorter works for deep powder and for the bumps at end of day.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, I wish they were all a standard size, if they were we would not have had 5 different sizes from swix alone.... let alone all the other brands Confused Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, seriously?
I was thinking in terms of the standard Salomon/K2/Rossi/Quecha type poles that go for about 20-30 quid for a pair. I've only ever had to use one size basket on them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I couldn't find any baskets to fit my goode poles in Tignes or Val the other week. One basket has totally broken, snow and cock where they originally came from were as useful as a chocolate teapot. I ended up with a pair of rental poles as the soft snow was seeing my pole acting like an avalanche pole! The rentals were spot on.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
endoman, it's near impossible to find replacement baskets for Goode poles, I've had mine for 4 years and still searching...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This looks like a pretty good start:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-02,GGLD:en&q=goode+pole+baskets

snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I really need to get some bigger baskets for my Rossi poles. I'll get a local resort store to fit them when I'm next over the channel. I'm sick of them sinking in halfway Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hellfiresliding, I have a brand new pair of replacement Scott 80mm powder baskets for sale. They're black plastic with a centre aluminium push-on tapered collar.

You just need to pull off the old ones - they're glued on so you need to heat them up with a hairdryer to break the bond - then push these on with some blue loctite inside until the collar hits the shoulder on the pole.

If you're interested then PM me you're email address & I'll send you a pic.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, You got any that will fit Rossi poles (they are the Power ones, composite)? Oh... any news on the 3 degree edge guides, I also need rough and med diamond files. Oh... and a sports car, Weatherby Mark V Deluxe bolt action rifle, Ducati 1098, ocean going schooner etc.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
parlor, if they're the plastic ferrule type, check the Leki catalogue for spares (shafts just over 10mm) or the Swix one (narrower).

I'm using the Leki Deep Powder basket on just about everything.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For those having problems getting baskets to fit, could you get ones intended for smaller diameter poles and drill them out?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FenlandSkier, I'd rather have sex with a real woman thank you.
latest report
Scarpa wrote:
spyderjon, You got any that will fit Rossi poles (they are the Power ones, composite)? Oh... any news on the 3 degree edge guides, I also need rough and med diamond files. Oh... and a sports car, Weatherby Mark V Deluxe bolt action rifle, Ducati 1098, ocean going schooner etc.

Sorry but no other powder baskets. I only had the Scott ones as spares for mine.

Plenty of 3 degree side guides & diamond files in stock.

And go for a Tikka instead of the Weatherby - better forward locking lugs on the bolt, better barrel steel & I do the crispest 500g trigger job on them that's available wink
snow report
spyderjon, Oooo - nice, I have an old States 70's gun mag - was my fav reading material as a little kid. Had a lot on tuning, crowning projects etc. I may be heading back to NZ for a few years so may have a rifle in the house again (my dad kept a Lee Enfield mk5 jungle version in the wardrobe).

Could you please PM me with details for price for files and guide? Also after a 0.7 base guide. Thanks fella.
snow report
When you limit iblairs, search to UK only (I have the Goode poles) no 2 is this Puzzled. Entertaining but I'm not sure it would fit.
snow conditions
Just the thing for practicing with before a hard night down Angels Colin B Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy