Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go for a working holiday in the states??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys

Some mates and I are heading over to the states from Oz to do a working holiday.

Just wondering where people recommend for us to go and live for the season.

We've did a working season in Banff a couple of years ago so know how to tune ski's boards and all the retal side of it...

Looking for recommendations and also if anyone wants some Aussies working for them next season drop me a line Very Happy

Josh
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you go to Aspen you,d think you were back home in Sydney Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
farfromparadise, If you haven't already try asking the same question on www.natives.co.uk and www.epicski.com
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
farfromparadise, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers Guys

Thanks for the welcome Elizabeth and the advice Boredsurfin i'll hit up the other forums now...

Stanton I think we found that to be the same case when we were in Banff there were more Aussies then Canadians. Has anyone done a season in The US and would suggest any mountains or suggest some mountains to avoid? snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want to avoid your fellow Aussies, don't go to Tahoe. It's full of them! wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
abc, Interesting comment about Tahoe - out of approximately 175 ski and snowboard instructors in the Adult Ski School at Squaw there is exactly one Australian, so where are all the rest? We have more Brazilians and other South Americans than anything else.

farfromparadise, I'm biased because I work at Squaw Valley in Tahoe, but I really don't think that you can beat this area - with over 25 ski areas we have lots to go at! Tahoe has avery different feel to many other areas in the US since is primarily a weekend destination for Nothern California. It is very relaxed, we certainly operate on Tahoe time, especially on a powder day like today! snowHead

I would suggest that if you are thining of working directly for a ski area that you contact them now, because their quotas for different types of visa do tend to fill up relatively quickly! Most of the rental shops do look for techs each season, and might hire you now for next season, depending on their needs. While Tahoe is not the cheapest place to live, it is considerably cheaper than most of the larger areas in Colorado (Aspen, Vail, etc) and the snow is decidedly better than anywhere in the east, even during a low snow year! snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pollittcl wrote:
abc, Interesting comment about Tahoe - out of approximately 175 ski and snowboard instructors in the Adult Ski School at Squaw there is exactly one Australian, so where are all the rest? We have more Brazilians and other South Americans than anything else.

In the shop maybe?

I, of course, was semi-joking. But I did bump into a lot of Aussies working in Tahoe, Heavenly, Mt, Rose and indeed Squaw. That was a few years back though.

I often only travel with my boot, sans ski. So I basically had to visit various shops to hire ski. So that's the bulk of my interaction with the "locals" (and ski patrol, sometimes).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah I've had quite a few mates head over to heavinly, and kirkwood...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy