Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA flight cancellations thread - 900 flights to go

Poster: A snowHead
doncaster wrote:
You might not get a meal on the plane with Easyjet but you do tend to get a plane.

Laughing BA's loss was Easyjet's gain in my case as well.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stevew, you might want to ring up whoever you booked Manchester-Geneva with and ask explicitly. Manchester-Geneva was provided by BA Connect, nothing I have found on line explicitly says that it is cancelled - but I know it's cancelled for at least the 7th April, which was when we were booked for.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hoppo, Basically as you are flying to Europe , you would be entitled to €400 compensation if reasonable alternative arrangements could not be made if cancelled within 2 weeks ... there are also conditions relating to 'acceptable' arrival time within that period.

If anyone wants to pm me the details of their cancellation and re-booking and what they have ben offered I'll work it out for them. Someone posted a link to the EC legislation the other day - it's quite simple really.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agenterre, "compensation" means "in addition to refund" in this instance, I assume?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hoppo, Yes ... and if no 'acceptable alternative' arrangements made i.e refund, then full compensation

Edit -If you go to Claim Compensation form

it has an online claim form.

If you are an exec club member sign in and you'll get the same thing but it will be processed faster Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just rebooked our flights with BA as Bristol to Zurich has been cancelled, so we have to go from London. There was a 10 minute wait on the phone, but then I could choose Heathrow or Gatwick and a flight time to suit me best. I've been told to keep a record of any extra expenses such as extra mileage and send it to BA after the flight for reimbursement. The other choice was to cancel for a full refund, but we didn't do that as we want to fly into Zurich, and no low cost airlines go there.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
just reread the BA info and the words are at odds with the spreadsheet, I think I can get there but not back, I'll find the booking ref this evening and try to sort out .. thanks for the heads up Crying or Very sad
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just tried the online claim via the link posted by Agenterre, . Got an immediate response, that they turned it down because the flight was cancelled through exceptional circumstances.

Back to the drawing board then.

snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Bish, Did they define exceptional in your specific instance ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
No, it just listed all possible circumstances. Strikes, bad weather, etc etc. Just a standard response then.

snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris Bish, Then back to Plan A ...
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agenterre, Will go to print and post before I leave work.

snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre wrote:
Hoppo, Yes ... and if no 'acceptable alternative' arrangements made i.e refund, then full compensation

Edit -If you go to Claim Compensation form

it has an online claim form.

Indeed it does but it tells me:
We regret that we are unable to proceed with your claim.
We are unable to process your claim within 3 days of the scheduled departure time.

For my EOSB flghts which are 45 days away Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier, Far be it for me to suggest it but did you put the right date in ? snowHead Seriously - this link doesn't look that good does it.

I didn't think there was any compensation (ie penalty as opposed to reimbursement) outside 2 weeks prior to departure cancellation if other arrangements offered etc.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi,
travelling on BA 1952 = 25th March 07 from Manchester to Lyon. We are going with a company called Silver Ski which we have used before, although my flight code was on B A Website saying that it would be code shared with Flybe, Silver Ski say this isn't so, they are saying they have checked with BA and we are still flying Manchester/Lyon and not stopping anywhere else. Does anyone know anything different?
latest report
kevducky, I have clients here at the moment who always fly Manchester/Lyon and all their future flights have been cancelled - her husband rang last night to tell her about loads of emails from BA saying so. she's in a right paddy about it as they do the trip upwards of 5 times a year, GVA is not convenient to here; GRN and CBY don't run much out of ski season and, and and .....
snow report
Agenterre, that was my first thought as well but I re-did it and still the same.

So far I've had a full refund as the alternative routes weren't much use for me. If that is what's throwing the form then I'd have expected a "Sod off you've had your refund already" message not one about dates.
snow report
kevducky, I don't know for sure BUT that flight number is within the BA mainline scheduled allocations and the fact it is now code-shared with FlyBe means it MAY be a new commercial arrangement so it looks like nothing to worry about.

If you are going with Silverski then it is their responsibility as a TO rather than BA ... sorry I can't help more than that.

Edit - I've just checked and I can't find that flight number at all! Doesn't mean anything as could be my error BUT there will not be any direct Man-Lyon flights as far as I can make out that are BA-operated.

I suggest you tell Silver ski that they really need to check with the airline ...
snow report
FenlandSkier, Agreed .. awful...
snow report
kevducky, We are on the flight the week after you. I am fairly sure it is a chartered flight. We have done it twice before and am sure I remember some type of welcome message for the skipper. There are 18 of us so touchwood.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, That would explain it ... in which case the 'codeshare' would be duff ..
ski holidays
I think the web-link is set to auto-sod-off just the same as customer services are. Getting a little cross now!

I'm not convinced that the EU "exceptional Circumstances" include inabilty to run an airline.

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish,
Sounds like it's off to the small claims court then. BA will not fight your claim, they will settle.
latest report
This is all getting really silly, and have you notcied how it is mainly Alpine flights that are affected. EJ has also cancelled the Newcastle-Geneva flight from 23rd April. Will it b back for the winter? I don't know as they haven't replied to my email. All the summer flights I have travelled on have been busy. BA only fly to Gatwick or Heathrow from here. It's getting worse instead of better. Maybe we should start SnowHeads Airways, free ski carriage, and Lardybus transfers. We already have the senior cabin crew.
snow report
Hi Agenterre,

Lynne here Kev Ducky's other half..... rang BA only to be told that the flight BA 1952 was no longer available.
Rang Silverski to be told that they chartered the whole of the plane which was full and that we would definately be going out from Manchester straight to Lyon no stop off anywhere. Couldn't give me an explanation as to why BA said the flight was now flying Manchester London Lyon.
Since this I have been trying to contact BA again only to be left on hold forever.
If anyone else knows anything I would really, really like some enlightenment on this just so that I can start getting excited about going Skiing again.
Puzzled
latest report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Maybe we should start SnowHeads Airways, free ski carriage, and Lardybus transfers. We already have the senior cabin crew.

And a wannabe pilot
snow report
Elizabeth B, I volunteer to be in charge of Duty Free! snowHead
snow report
lynne melia, BA have for some time operated charter flights on behalf of TOs to Lyon from Manchester, some of those seats will have undoubtedly been 'offloaded' as seat-only by the TOs in the past as well.

I'll try and check the ops schedule this evening/tomorrow but I don't work for BA. Frosty's obviously very confident so I would just get excited !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agenterre,

Thanks for that!! went to Kaprun early Feb and ended up with Lung infection like many others, so after missing 3 days skiing really looking forward to this trip. Skied a lot of years but after a nasty accident lost confidence and don't seem to be able to get it back, so I am what I call a fair weather skier, like most, enjoy great snow perfect blue skies and fantastic cold beers, (plenty of).
Any other snowheads out in Meribel 25th March 1 week Puzzled
snow conditions
lynne melia, I too have had an e-mail from SS answering my question on the flight. The categorically state that "We have NO problems with our Manchester flights with BA as we are Chartered NOT Scheduled."
latest report
Frosty the Snowman,
When are you going and is it to Meribel?
Puzzled
snow report
lynne melia, Week after you and over the hill in Reberty. Went to the same set of chalets Jan 06 and ad a FANTASTIC holiday.
snow report
Frosty the snowman,
Any particular beer house you might have frequented that you might rave about (or is the real answer All Of Them), also looking for somewhere to eat out on the day not catered for, like all kinds of food so looking for
a good recommendation!
ski holidays
lynne melia, If you are in Meribel i cannot help. We are returning to Reberty whicjh is a dead end, one horse town, but awesome for a family catered chalet holiday. La Ferme (30m from chalet) is excellent and i can strongly reccomend it for lunch. Right by the Piste side.
latest report
Did I hear right, on the car radio yesterday, poorly tuned as in France, that BA pilots are now threatening to strike over Easter?
ski holidays
pam w, From various news scources

"BA's shares were also affected by reports that pilots at its GB Airways subsidiary could walk out over the crucial easter period." Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, [pedant]GB Airways is owned by the Gaggero family, who will be well-known to our Iberian readers, and isn't a BA - subsidiary. It is however a franchisee rolling eyes, BA sold its interest in the company in the mid-90s iirc [/pedant]

edit - perhaps I should have added that their route structure is primarily ex-Gatwick to Spain as the name is a bit misleading ( Gibraltar Airways being the background) and they operate mainly to Spain , Marseilles and a few other places like North Africa and Greece. Salzburg ( where is WTFH when you need him) is the only 'winter' destination I think?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 7-03-07 14:47; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 brian
brian
Helen Beaumont, easyjet's Edinburgh to Geneva flight initially showed only up to around the middle of April last year. In the end it did run right through the summer but only on 3 days per week (and only after we'd booked flights from Newcastle).

This year it's daily right through the summer.
snow conditions
brian, we probably won't need it, but my parents were wanting to fly out at some point. It was running daily last summer, but so far no sign.
latest report
Quote:

Salzburg ( where is WTFH when you need him) is the only 'winter' destination I think?

Agenterre Just flew back with them from Innsbruck yesterday. They do the Gatwick - Innsbruck route.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy