Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA flight cancellations thread - 900 flights to go

Poster: A snowHead
2 people off to the MSB (self included) have now had BA flights cancelled by the airline 3 weeks ahead of the date of travel. Any others, please post here.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 5-03-07 11:25; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why were they cancelled?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As yet, i've never had my flights cancelled, but am pleased if it ever happens there is now an offical thread to talk about it! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They better hadn't cancel the MCR-GVA flight for the Eosb!!! Saying that, cant see it as it's now over £600 return Shocked
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
petemillis wrote:
Why were they cancelled?

They were cancelled as a result of the sale of BA Connect to Flybe. I expect many more flights will go the same way.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah right. I've only ever used BA, not their subsidary bits and bobs.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
telford_mike wrote:
petemillis wrote:
Why were they cancelled?

They were cancelled as a result of the sale of BA Connect to Flybe. I expect many more flights will go the same way.

Yes, they are apparently loosing a lot of crews who are jumping ship prior to the takeover. Don't expect it to get better in the near future. Pilots and crews, that are left, have still to accept Flybe's T&C.

snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds like some contingency planning for Manchester-Geneva might be in order...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
As yet, i've never had my flights cancelled, but am pleased if it ever happens there is now an offical thread to talk about it! Toofy Grin

Laughing Your getting worse or better I'm not sure which Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
900 flights will be cancelled:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6418391.stm
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Charlatanefc, It doesn't mention that flight on the BBC article.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It doesn't mention Geneva at all, but my Birmingham - Geneva flight on 17th March has been cancelled.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
petemillis, How do you know? I only discovered that BA were denying responsibilty for operating the flight when it was cancelled. My flight was booked on the BA website and I flew out on a aeroplane with BA written on it.

If it walks like BA and quacks like BA it is BA.

From the people who bought you Rover.....

snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmm the GB Airways site says that the airline is "operating as British Airways".
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
British Airways today announced the sale of BA connect, a wholly owned subsidiary, to Flybe. Whilst it is unfortunate for passengers who have had their flights cancelled, those flights were not cancelled by BA but by Flybe. It will only affect certain flights from regional airports, flights from Londons Heathrow, Gatwick, and City airports are unaffected.
snow report
zzz, FlyBE seem to be rather good at cancelling flights, given our recent experience that led to our unscheduled and very late arrival in Exeter when we wanted to get to Birmingham Sad

Glad our next holiday is with ThomsonFly!
snow report
Charlatanefc wrote:
They better hadn't cancel the MCR-GVA flight for the EoSB!!! Saying that, cant see it as it's now over £600 return Shocked

Guess again rolling eyes We're now walking from Manchester to Geneva Mad
latest report
FenlandSkier, I have re booked on EZJ on the EMA lardyflight
ski holidays
I might well be joining you.
Our original plan was to gain an extra day's skiing and to add an extra night in Geneva onto the trip, fly back on the Sunday instead but that could well be affected now.
latest report
Dont forget Russels ticket offer (would be nice to give him the difference) as I have just done Embarassed
latest report
FenlandSkier, Damn these small regional airports Twisted Evil
latest report
We were booked on Manchester to Geneva thru' Expedia at Easter, we rang them (Expedia) up this evening and were told the flight was cancelled - we were offered Manchester-Gatwick-Geneva as an alternative.
latest report
Do you think that they would offer me Manchester - Calgary - Geneva with a weeks stopover Puzzled
snow report
Scarpa, in a word "no". Toofy Grin Not quite sure when they were going to get around to telling us without prompting - the implication was one or two weeks before flight.
snow conditions
Quote:

Not quite sure when they were going to get around to telling us without prompting - the implication was one or two weeks before flight.

Hoppo, That was the same as when Easyjet cancelled the Turin flight that the PSBers had booked on rolling eyes
latest report
petemillis, Most of the flights ex-regional airports and London City have been operated by BA subsidiaries in one form or another for a number of years (the older folks may even remember Cambrian, NorthEast , Scottish and CI !!) Some ex-Gatwick as well. Others you may have flown on are B-Med, DBA ( inter-Germany and to Gatwick) before its sale, and TAT/Air Liberte ( inter and ex France) until its demise.

There were also a number of franchisees which look and feel like BA - GB Airways as mentioned above still is.

If you look very carefully at your booking confirmation you will see the tell-tale words 'Operated by xxxx' which gives it away. It is law that you are notified that your flight is operated by another carrier (so called codeshare) , unfortunately that is considered enough!

So called franchising was vogue in the 80s and 90s - the US has similar idiosyncrocies.

This obviously is no help to the poor folks getting stranded/inconvenienced. It's only a short time ago that airlines were expected to make suitable alternative arrangements for their customers affected like this by IATA. Unfortunately the EC law has created a disgusting framework (infuienced and watered-down by the very active low-cost lobby) which enables the airlines to behave disgracefully 'within the law' but unacceptably. All imho ..

The Bashes having a bad time of it this year with canx ..
snow conditions
Hoppo, 'Theoretically' if you book through an agent, it is them who should inform you ... if they tell you outside a 2 weeks window they have reduced legal responsibilities
snow report
Well I've asked for a refund from BA, have done the Easyjet option, £17 cheaper and can get dropped off at airport for free - BUT... now am flying a day early and have to either hotel it in Geneva or sleep on the damn bench again Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agenterre, what is the difference in responsibilities between before two weeks and after two weeks?
snow conditions
I'm booked for BA Manchester to Geneva on 22nd March returning on 25th .. can anyone tell me how I can find out if this flight is still running, I booked via airmiles and whilst I wasn't aware of this last night I hadn't seen any email canceling it.
snow conditions
stevew wrote:
I'm booked for BA Manchester to Geneva on 22nd March returning on 25th .. can anyone tell me how I can find out if this flight is still running, I booked via airmiles and whilst I wasn't aware of this last night I hadn't seen any email canceling it.

Steve, is it booked with British Airways for a flight on a British Airways route? Or is it BA Connect or what have you?
A BA flight will still be running as normal. How about checking your booking on the net?
snow report
We're still trying to find out what's happening to us, we're booked Bristol to Zurich, and that doesn't appear anywhetre on the flybe timetables, so I assume that our flight is also cancelled.

Steve, the changes come in on March 24th, so you may get there .....
snow report
OK, here's the official information from BA...

[url=https://lfn.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lfn.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2535&p_created=1172569698&p_sid=TQThBRvi&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD05JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1]Clicky click[/url]
snow report
...and if you have MS Excel on your PC, this link is the list of cancelled flights:

clickity click
snow report
[url=https://lfn.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lfn.cfg/php/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=TQThBRvi&p_lva=&p_li=&p_faqid=2410&p_created=1162540745&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD05JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**]and more info here too[/url]
snow conditions
Just received an email from BA: BA4154 7th April GVA-BHX cancelled.
latest report
Quote:
UK based customers-Customer Relations information

Customers seeking reimbursement for making their own way to/from an alternative airport (i.e. flying originally from Birmingham and then re-booking from Heathrow) are advised to send any receipts to Customer Relations who will cover any expenses incurred. Customers should include their flight details in any claims they make (the original BA Connect flight number/date of travel and the re-booked flight number/date of travel if available).
A webform is available so customers may submit an initial claim.

Customers should complete this form and send in any receipts to the address below.

British Airways
Customer Relations
PO Box 5619
Sudbury
Suffolk
CO10 2PG
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, looks like I'm OK thanks for the info
snow conditions
stevew, you're welcome.
latest report
Had 6 return flights from Manchester to Geneva cancelled over the summer. Looks like the whole route has gone. Wonder if BA would like to reimburse for an "upgrade" to Easyjet from Liverpool. You might not get a meal on the plane with Easyjet but you do tend to get a plane.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy