Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia pre Xmas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, Just booked a stupidly cheap deal with Crystal to Hotel Petit Palais at Cervinia for the pre Xmas week.

Anyone stayed there (it has mixed reviews, but at the price we're paying I'm not expecting miracles), any hints or tips for the area?

We'll have the full area pass so should be skiing Zermatt too, weather permitting, I'm aware the links close in high winds, we don't eat on the mountain, just carry snacks with us & get drinks, so know it will be cheaper the Cervinia side. The missus had an arthroscopy earlier this year so will be taking it fairly easy to see how she gets on, mainly cruisy reds & blues, any areas to avoid - prone to ice etc

Just as an aside, I think today is the last day of Crystal's buy one get one half price lift pass deal which saved us nearly £150
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed there when it was a Crystal run chalet - I think it is privately run now, so can't comment of food etc. My room was a good size, with a view of the Mountains.
It is only a few steps to the main gondola to Plan Maison and you can ski back nearly to the hotel by taking a 'diversion' from the main home piste (can't remember to name/number..). That area is uphill from the main part of Cervinia and the return journey is up a steep hill.....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went there similar to your deal but in January, so coldest months.

Liked it much move than it gets reviewed generally on here. Weather, you're always going to have whatever it gives you so hope it falls well but that's really the same anywhere you pick.

I went as a skier but to spend the week learning to board with the Italian ski school. Really had a good time, liked the sense of fun from Italian teachers, really good food, friendly and nice atmosphere. We stayed in the town, not far from your hotel but went in the palais for a look around. Seemed ok place to stay and just across from principal lift so easy piste access.

Having also skied area from Zermatt side too, it's absolutely huge just over the border into CH with very long runs down to Zermatt itself, some great skiing but whether you'd venture far into that domain is going to depend on stamina, but plenty of wide manageable piste just on Italy side anyway.

Also liked to walk around village during evening, has a nice high alpine feel to it with bar and restaurant spread around. Hope you enjoy it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@albob, it's an exclusive to Crystal chalet, but I guess food etc is always going to vary year on year depending on the staff, I don't think too many stay years in the same resort
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Food wise, I can’t speak for Cervinia village, but on mountain-Chalet Etoile for lunch is great, and if you get up to Testa Grigia- a bowl of pasta at the Refugio there is delicious, generous and plenty for two people. On mountain lunches on the Zermatt side cost about double by comparison.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Russbost, It was English staffed (i.e. a Crystal ClubHotel) when I visited but looks to have reverted to Italian owners -- https://www.hotel-petitpalais.it/en/

One other tip -- don't buy Imported beers !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy