Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sweden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from week in Vemdalen in Sweden and it was excellent - despite concerns at lack of decent runs it was fine for us - we are not advanced snowheads and my family progressed from cautious blues to blacks by the end of the week and what a great place to do it in - snow as deep and thick as you like, relatively quiet - especially for half term week - rarely queued for more than 5 mins and beautiful - a truly magical atmosphere which is important for feel good factor as a foreign hol as well as wall to wall skiing?!

Someone did warn us there were no mountains but they are there - just not Alp like and long chairlift rides up to a windy peak and long, long ski down (to me) was exhilarating. I know all you experts would be bored but there were a variety of blacks as well as plenty reds/blues/greens so for beginners/advanced beginners it was perfect. Ski pass covered other nearby resorts too which also had blacks and looked stunning.

Weather - cold - but we we weren't - amazingly - and scenery stunning and ski school fantastic - small groups and instructors/locals/lift operators all spoke English and were so nice and welcoming and polite - contrast to the pushy queues and chaos of ski school in Austria - which we also loved but this was a world apart.

Food not expensive and booze same as London pub prices and limited apres ski but with kids we can't partake anyway. Went with Neilson - can't fault the flights/transfers/rep/accomodation or ski hire (mine went walkabouts and they just gave me another pair - no questions!)

It didnt have the buzz that I know a lot of people look for but we wanted a quiet resort to consolidate our first skiing week at Soll and couldnt face half term in the Alps and -for us - it was spot on - and the mountains majestic in their own way. Also fun stuff for kids - jumps out of a hut and down a slide - safe off piste though trees alongside slopes and skiing to and fro apartment and shop - but safely in a quiet resort.

So a thumbs up from us - and above all - we had more snow than I could have dreamt of!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm, have also been fancying Sweden for a later holiday this year. Thanks for your report - it sounds great - specially the heaps of fresh snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy