Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xscape for Lakeside?

Poster: A snowHead
A report in the Telegraph suggests the next Xscape snowdome may be destined for Lakeside shopping centre in Essex. With Hemel Hempstead Dry slope having recently won planning permission to 'go snow', competition seems to be hotting up for the snowPound in London and the South East...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/02/25/cnxleis25.xml

Saw this in y'days paper and noticed the small comment at the bottom about the 4th Xscape being at Lakeside,which seeing as it's about 20mins from me is very handy indeed!

Has anyone else heard this and any idea timescale from their other sites on how long from planning consent to being built takes?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LIAMJ, hadnt heard about that one but it is intersting as i too am close by. Did you know that a new indoor snow dome is going up in hemel hemsted as well. there wre several threads on this and you might gleen the timescales by looking back at comments posted there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimottaret, Tks, just checked and it looks like Hemel will take about a year to actually build so hopefully Lakeside will get planning asap
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hemel will close April 08, for a 15 month build.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
News just in on Lakeside, i heard today that construction will start in Jan 08 and scheduled for 12 months (but more likely longer) according to a source in the know.

sounds like two new snowdomes for the M25 ring in '08
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret wrote:
News just in on Lakeside, i heard today that construction will start in Jan 08 and scheduled for 12 months (but more likely longer) according to a source in the know.

sounds like two new snowdomes for the M25 ring in '08

Any idea of how big the slope will be?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no but i can check on that in the next week or two...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman wrote:

Looks like this has been delayed by at least a year.

Quote from their website:

"Due to the amount of work that needs to be completed before work on the project can commence we have decided to continue trading as an artificial ski slope for another ski season 07/08. At the end of the 07/08 season the intention is to close the slope in order to start the works."
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
LIAMJ, Royal Liberty??

CD
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
More on the Lakeside proposal here:

http://www.propertyweek.com/story.asp?sectioncode=36&storycode=3081442

Looks like early days yet but "talks have reached and advanced stage" sounds promising.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowshine, If you can keep your ear to the ground on the Property news that would be cool.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kevinrhead,
Quote:

Spyderman wrote:

Looks like this has been delayed by at least a year.

Quote from their website:

"Due to the amount of work that needs to be completed before work on the project can commence we have decided to continue trading as an artificial ski slope for another ski season 07/08. At the end of the 07/08 season the intention is to close the slope in order to start the works."

Exactly as I said, Hemel will close April 2008, for a 15 month build. The 07/08 season runs nov 07 to april 08
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chrisdavis, nope, went to school in Seven Kings (canon Palmer)...my boys go to Campion...u?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret, My eldest,15, asked if was too early to apply for a ski instuctor job at Lakeside Smile....told him he's got 18mths or so to learn how to become one first wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
LIAMJ, He's got 3 years. - Min age 18 Sad
snow report
LIAMJ, have him start going along to brentwood dry slope and get some training in.
snow report
LIAMJ, Age 16 If he does his Club instructor first.
ski holidays
skimottaret, not a bad idea, good time of year to got to Brentwood bet it's quiet at mom.

Spyderman, what's the diff between an instucrtor at 18 and a club instuctor at 16?
snow conditions
LIAMJ, Club Instructor is basic Snowsport England qualification, to teach up to Plough Parallel standard, valid at home slope only. 16 years old.
ASSI or artificial slope ski instructor, Snowsport England or Snowsport Scotland Qualification, to teach at all levels on plastic or artificial snow thoughout UK. 18 years old.
ski holidays
Spyderman, tks for explanation
snow report
LIAMJ, I taught at Royal Lib for a short while.
latest report
Has anyone had a serious think about building an Xscape at Lakeside? How many Burburrey caps and fake Louis Vuitton bags can you get in one fridge? Shocked
latest report
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, It's the ski boots with white stiletto heels that worry me. Shocked
snow report
Spyderman, Quick, there's a gap in the market......
snow conditions
LIAMJ, they are starting up race training on thursday evenings for kids and adults at brentwood so now is a pretty good time to start and will defo be quieter on the slopes.

NAKEDZOOKEEPER, i wonder how the birds with Thongs and Orange tans will survive in the artic conditions.
snow report
LIAMJ, I started doing the Club Instructor course at Warley Gap, unfortunately we moved back up here before I finished it. Good set-up there.

CD.
snow report
skimottaret, Im sure it'll be ok, Eisenegger(sp?) will just add some hideous fake fur jackets etc to their constant 80% sale. Or there'll be a lot of authentic 'Spider' clothing knocking around......
ski holidays
skimottaret, Must come for a look at Brentwood one night.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LIAMJ, if you fancy an introduction to the right people at Brentwood regarding CI training PM me. I teach there occasionally.
latest report
Spyderman, long way to come for plastic but by all means.....
snow report
NAKEDZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

Or there'll be a lot of authentic 'Spider' clothing knocking around......

I can spot a fake at 100 paces.
snow conditions
skimottaret, I'll try and make a date.
ski holidays
Spyderman, mi casa su casa , let me know when and we can have a slide
ski holidays
skimottaret, I'll break out the Burberry and PM you, to fix a date.
latest report
Spyderman, Apologies must get a new pair of glasses Embarassed
snow report
kevinrhead, No problem, it should have been now, but the Architect was changed and the building redesigned, so groundwork that ideally should be done in the summer, could not have started till the winter. By delaying we only miss 1 winter season.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 2-05-07 9:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
skimottaret, Tks, may take u up on that , will have a chat with him tonight to see how serious he is about doing it ,he's at that age where his attention span lasts as long as his girlfriends rolling eyes

chrisdavis, some of my friends went to Lib,but we're talking prob 15+ years ago,mind you seeing the size of some of the pupils getting off the train at GP arriving from the Chadwell Heath area i bet you're glad you're not teaching there now wink
snow conditions
LIAMJ wrote:
chrisdavis, some of my friends went to Lib,but we're talking prob 15+ years ago,mind you seeing the size of some of the pupils getting off the train at GP arriving from the Chadwell Heath area i bet you're glad you're not teaching there now wink

I'm teaching in Bradford.......Shocked Looking back, RL was like early retirement Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy